Kraton Battery recommendations Kraton 8s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotor

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Are there any recommended batteries to use in the Arrma Kraton 8s, my hobby shop sold me spectrum 5000 50c. s It seems after a short run my battery indicator goes from four lights to two Last night I was fooling with the alignment and had the truck powered up so i could get the steering centered.

The batteries were fully charged. After no more than 5 minutes I was done so I topped off the batteries and both took about 1600 amp hours when full. Is this normal? Are the battery indicator lights on the remote accurate?

that's a good thread. I Personally run SMC batteries, lots of power, cells stay perfectly balanced and little to no resistance (0-1 ohm) according to my battery charger.

@Rotor
You going to want to run mid 7000-8000 mah lipos in this rig. 5000 just won’t cut it. I don’t think spektum makes 4S batteries in the higher mah........correct me if I’m mistaken.

Try some Powerhobby 7400 mah, 100C or some Ace of Gens 7200 mah.......

As for your your DX3, I’ve never used smart batteries so I can’t answer that question. If you stay with the hobby and go hard core, you’ll probably buy another TX.....one that can run multiple RC’s.

cheers,
kev

5000 mah in that power hungry system won't get you long runtimes. You need lipos like KevinC said ☝️

I picked some up from Bangood "URUAV 14.8 5000mah 100c" $42.99 $3 shipping so far i love em I get 25-30 min runs .. heck I picked up 2 more going to try parallel 5000mah so 10,000mah to heavy maybe?🤔

Screenshot_20210204-173157_Banggood.jpg

Are there any recommended batteries to use in the Arrma Kraton 8s, my hobby shop sold me spectrum 5000 50c. s It seems after a short run my battery indicator goes from four lights to two Last night I was fooling with the alignment and had the truck powered up so i could get the steering centered.

The batteries were fully charged. After no more than 5 minutes I was done so I topped off the batteries and both took about 1600 amp hours when full. Is this normal? Are the battery indicator lights on the remote accurate?
Rotor,
Just my 2 cents from a new guy - I was trying to strike a balance between likely run times, a good "C" rating, cost, weight, and flexibility. I ended up getting the Hoovo 4S 6200mAh 80C hard case batteries ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XYM4NFC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) for $53 each with free shipping. I decided to get 6 of them because I wanted the flexibility of extending my total time when I'm out without weighing down the car with a heavier pair of batteries and also forcing me to stop and check temps, damage, etc...

I get about 20 minutes out of them which is fine by me - your mileage may vary. They seem to balance charge very closely and consistently. There is no internal rattle inside so I'm sure the internals are packed pretty good. Of course there are "better" batteries out there but like I said I was trying to strike a balance on the 5 points from earlier that to me were important. Besides, my understanding is that core part of all or most of these batteries - the lithium itself - pretty much comes from one factory in China, probably the electronics too.

If you look at reviews of many different batteries, you'll see that almost all of them have their share of people who think they're crap, had one crap out on them, or they rise above the crap to be on equal footing with the invention of sliced bread.

Like I said, just my 2 cents input...

I run CNHL batteries the pink 'n white ones, I'm getting pretty reasonable run times 20+ mins.
Personally I think it's quality of batteries sometimes rather than actual power, but obviously a bigger mAh rating will result in longer running.
Also don't forget about the actual psychical size of batteries, I find that the battery trays aren't that wide in the 8s lineup 👍🏼

IMG_7842 2.jpeg

^^^ Are those Graphene packs? CNHL seem to be popular and the flavor of the month these days. Maybe they got the "Good batch" of Lithium in there? IDK.

^^^ Are those Graphene packs? CNHL seem to be popular and the flavor of the month these days. Maybe they got the "Good batch" of Lithium in there? IDK.
I think that also has to do with the promotion on youtube AND not unimportant the discount deal they had in January😄.
The 9500 4s was just such a good deal i had to pull the trigger. I just hope the capacity is not overstated. Looking outside it will be several weeks before I can test it😔

^^^ I did notice the prices went up a bit. But some guys are doing insane speeds with these. Amp delivery is spot on etc. I may pull the plug . Need a fresh set of lipos for the spring. My Infr and Lim.

^^^ I did notice the prices went up a bit. But some guys are doing insane speeds with these. Amp delivery is spot on etc. I may pull the plug . Need a fresh set of lipos for the spring. My Infr and Lim.
Well if you really need new lipos, you basically must buy them😂

Yeah, CNHL's were my next brand. A given. My mind was made up already and I checked AMZ and followed pricing from my AMZ List from early Jan. The prices are creeping up. For certain sizes etc. Some out of stock already. I want some 3s's, 4s's and some 6s's. I want to run 4s's and 6s's in parallel in my Lim.

Check out Gens-Ace, they have 4s 8000, 8500 and now even 11000mAh's for the 8s line.
And are, i my experience, a better quality lipo manufacterer compared to the Banggood ones.

Check out Gens-Ace, they have 4s 8000, 8500 and now even 11000mAh's for the 8s line.
And are, i my experience, a better quality lipo manufacterer compared to the Banggood ones.
Yes, I really like my Gens👍, and since I wanted something at least 7500 I was looking at the Gens 8000, but with the good review on youtube and the Cnhl deal in January the 9500 there was such a price difference (and the 1500 mah) I just had to try it.🤞
Apart from the price the 11000 does not fit the K6. I think if I had a K8 I think I would go for the Gens 11000; according to the Cnhl rep the 9500 won’t be back for at least 3 months unless someone cancels an order (which happened in my case).

Yes, I really like my Gens👍, and since I wanted something at least 7500 I was looking at the Gens 8000, but with the good review on youtube and the Cnhl deal in January the 9500 there was such a price difference (and the 1500 mah) I just had to try it.🤞
Apart from the price the 11000 does not fit the K6. I think if I had a K8 I think I would go for the Gens 11000; according to the Cnhl rep the 9500 won’t be back for at least 3 months unless someone cancels an order (which happened in my case).
Those CNHL's 9500 4S also fit my X-Maxx, watching....

I have many Gens-Ace. They are my favorite in the higher price range. Probably the best of my bunch, some are even real old and outlived many of the cheap stuff. Just the outer wraps are pretty beat up and wrapped over and over with Gorilla tape.
I like trying different cheaper flavors of the month too. :LOL:

Back