Battery replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to experiment with different known brands too. Lipos are a very competitive business from brand to brand. You might find a better deal/lipo if you try.(y)

(y)If you register on gensacearespammers online, most of the time logging in when ordering, a 10% discount code shows up. I usually get even better promos emailed to me. I have called up direct and asked for a better discount and they obliged me once. They let me use an expired promo code. And did the purchase over the phone with me. They ship super fast from Cali to NY. Considering it is a HazMat product. Free shipping.
The free shipping tends to bring the overall price down by comparison to other brands. But they are generally higher priced Lipos for sure.
I really like Gens, but considering the price ,I also use another cheaper brand Ovonic. of course, if there are great deals at Gens ,it always is my first choice.

Only issue with Ovonic is replacing XT for EC5 connectors. Most lipo mfgs have XT90 on any pack you desire. SMC builds them with what you need. Their packs are way smaller and lighter than all my other lipos. I have a 4S and 6S 5000mah 90C both hard case and the 6S is about the same size and weight of my Dynamite 4S 5000mah hard case.

I really like Gens, but considering the price ,I also use another cheaper brand Ovonic. of course, if there are great deals at Gens ,it always is my first choice.
Yeah when I shop lipos ,I start at the ones I really want then compare prices specs then if connectors are a priority. If I get a super great deal on a gensacearespammers or other good brand, with the wrong connector, I will still buy it and solder my own on. It can be worth it sometimes. Sometimes not. If I am getting no great deal on a purchased lipo, I make sure it will at least have the right connector that I use. There are a lot of factors when buying Lipos. You can spend much time searching. But I also have my AMZ cheapos floating around. I do see a difference overall. You generally pay for what you get in lipos. But not always.

Yeah when I shop lipos ,I start at the ones I really want then compare prices specs then if connectors are a priority. If I get a super great deal on a gensacearespammers or other good brand, with the wrong connector, I will still buy it and solder my own on. It can be worth it sometimes. Sometimes not. If I am getting no great deal on a purchased lipo, I make sure it will at least have the right connector that I use. There are a lot of factors when buying Lipos. You can spend much time searching. But I also have my AMZ cheapos floating around. I do see a difference overall. You generally pay for what you get in lipos. But not always.
I'm just worried about warranty if I swap connectors.

I could understand that being a problem with some brands. Some brands don't even come with the connectors soldered on though. They are usually supplied in a bag in the box. The ends of the batt leads are heat shrinked/capped off at the ends. Two of my old gensacearespammers hard packs came that way. Never thought about that though. I just thought it was common place to change out/solder connectors. And not be an issue. That could also depend on the brands policy maybe?
I have warrantied 3 lipos in the past. I think that's a decent track record over the past 6 years and having a total 13 lipos in all. But my point is that every time I called the Mfr or seller under warranty they didn't want the lipo back. I was told to discard locally because of Hazmat shipping issues with a defective lipo. I don't think connectors were ever spoken about. They were more concerned with the cell voltages and how the pack was charged.

Last edited:
Only issue with Ovonic is replacing XT for EC5 connectors. Most lipo mfgs have XT90 on any pack you desire. SMC builds them with what you need. Their packs are way smaller and lighter than all my other lipos. I have a 4S and 6S 5000mah 90C both hard case and the 6S is about the same size and weight of my Dynamite 4S 5000mah hard case.
Yes, they are not many batteries with EC5, however, the 7600mAh 3S 50C I bought last time is equipped with EC5plug. As far as I know, SMC has more traxxas batteries, but I will look at it.

I have no hesitation in cutting the connectors off of a cheap LiPo battery. Cutting the IC5 connectors off of my brand new Notorious however... it’s not rational it just feels bad to cut those perfect connectors off.

I don’t like when Traxxas does it and I don’t like this move to proprietary connectors by Arrma. XT90 it is.

This RC Hobby is about using the many options you have available... as with Lipo connectors. Adapters used for running any rig is not good to do as many know. That's just fundamental. Changing connectors at the ESC is no more a daunting process than changing them out on your lipo. Its actually safer done at the ESC. I don't know what is so perfect about an OE ESC connector compared to one that you solder on to accommodate your Lipo's connector. Whatever flavor they are and whatever you prefer to use. Traxxass connectors suck. Everyone knows that. IC5/EC5 is a decent plug. But XT90's are more commonplace. That makes buying lipo's much easier to find. Opens up more selection. IMHO. Soldering skills are your friend when it comes to RC. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back