Battery run time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma peeps, just wanted to ask 1 quick question: as speedrunners like to warm batteries to a certain temp, do "colder" batteries also have adverse/ negative effects on performance/run time in your experience? Ran thru a couple packs today in 20 minutes or so, the 1st one in 5!! Almost comical

Cold weather will definitely affect your battery's performance negatively. I even used to notice this quickly with my vapes in the winter time. They're way down on power. The batter level meter would drop off and would rebound again as the device warmed up again.

Cold weather will definitely affect your battery's performance negatively. I even used to notice this quickly with my vapes in the winter time. They're way down on power. The batter level meter would drop off and would rebound again as the device warmed up again.
I also have noticed that my jbl flip will read nearly dead in the cold, but rebound once it warms up
I don’t understand how it affects it, but it sure seems like I can squeeze anywhere from 4mph to 8mph difference between a non heated pack vs just tossing one in. Can’t speak for cold weather though since I’m not running.
Not ripping around anything?

Cold can be deadly for rechargeable batteries if they get too cold or are left in the cold for too long.
I have noticed the drop in performance in other areas (the jbls) but I guess wasn't aware of the meteoric drop

I have noticed the drop in performance in other areas (the jbls) but I guess wasn't aware of the meteoric drop
Yeah, it can be really drastic. Put your lipos on the defrost vents of your car for 20mins before you throw 'em in your car. That should get you some extra performance and run time. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back