Typhon Battery size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkie

Basher Wannabee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
So got a Typhon 6s a few weeks ago. Swapped in a m2c chassis and some other things I had lying around. But when it came to battery and fitting the body over it I hit a dead end. Non of my batteries fit. They all stack to high and hit the body. No matter if I use a lone 6s or 2 3s. What batteries do you guys use? All of my batteries are around 5000mAh.

Yeah I heard of that. Search AF. I think that was mentioned somewhere. Some guys just raise the body to accommodate.

We use zeee 4500mah 50c 3s packs with no clearance issues... they are long and thin.. but as stated above alot of people raise the posts to accommodate

I have a 6S Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus 5000mAh battery which fits perfectly.
As my Typhon is a speed runner though I now use 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh batteries which needed modifications to fit comfortably.

You might not need to do both of these mods or want to do either but this is how I got my batteries to fit comfortably.
First mod I did was to cut one of the sides off my battery tray using my Dremel with a cutting disc.
101 Battery tray mod.JPG

I fitted another velcro strap afterwards which isn't pictured (3 straps total so that battery is very secure).
102.JPG

The second mod I did was a body post mount mod.
I did this simply by re-drilling a new set of holes in the rear shock tower, ...essentially one new hole per side moving the body post mount up one hole.
104 Body post mod.JPG

Body shell position before.
106 Before body height.JPG

New body shell position after mod.
107 After body height.JPG

Hope that helps or at least gives you some food for thought. Imho much better to do these mods then buy new batteries. (y)

I have a 6S Turnigy Nano-Tech Plus 5000mAh battery which fits perfectly.
As my Typhon is a speed runner though I now use 6S Turnigy Graphene Panther 5000mAh batteries which needed modifications to fit comfortably.

You might not need to do both of these mods or want to do either but this is how I got my batteries to fit comfortably.
First mod I did was to cut one of the sides off my battery tray using my Dremel with a cutting disc.
View attachment 57878

I fitted another velcro strap afterwards which isn't pictured (3 straps total so that battery is very secure).
View attachment 57879

The second mod I did was a body post mount mod.
I did this simply by re-drilling a new set of holes in the rear shock tower, ...essentially one new hole per side moving the body post mount up one hole.
View attachment 57880

Body shell position before.
View attachment 57881

New body shell position after mod.
View attachment 57882

Hope that helps or at least gives you some food for thought. Imho much better to do these mods then buy new batteries. (y)
Awesome build and thanks for all the great tips and tricks (y) ?

I have venom 5000 50 batteries I had same issue so I cut the side of battery tray off and got the notorious side guards and 3 Velcro straps and perfecto all is tight fit. No raising body at first but now its part notorious truck now. It is a typhon by heart

Attachments

• 55BE7814-5311-48E7-89C1-36D726FC5AF4.jpeg
    55BE7814-5311-48E7-89C1-36D726FC5AF4.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 105
I run gens 5000 mah 50c 6s packs.

Fit fine. No mods needed.

Only pic I have as I'm on holiday- yes, the sweep 3.8s were a bad choice. ?

Attachments

• 20191001_191713.jpg
    20191001_191713.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 88
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back