Battery Sound Off! Everyone please post what batteries and charger you use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
92186-6S2P-228x228.jpg
upload_2017-10-9_15-46-34.jpeg
upload_2017-10-9_15-51-23.jpeg

For 4s I use two 2s 6200mah 40c Floureon lipos. https://www.amazon.com/Floureon-6200mAh-Connector-Airplane-Helicopter/dp/B00N9RXA9O?th=1&psc=1 I already had these from my Summit and they work just great.

For 6s I use two 3s 5000mah 50c Bias lipos https://www.amazon.com/Bias-5000mAh-Battery-Traxxas-Quadcopter/dp/B00GT9WYJ6 I found them on sale for $50 and glad I only spent $50 on them, after about 5-6 cycles they get out of balance at the end of a run, I'm talking 1 cell at 3.2v 1 at 3.4v and the other at 3.6 across both batteries.

My charger is a Hitec X2 400 https://www.amazon.com/Hitec-RCD-44170-X2-400-Multicharger/dp/B007IIQWBS

I no longer buy Nano-Tech, I think they are over-rated and not reliable.

Been using Zippy brand w high C rating and so far they deliver and reliable.

Do not buy Bias lipos, had issues right off the bat with them becoming out of balance at the end of a run, taking 2 hours to charge, then they puffed up when trying to charge them at 3c which they were supposedly rated for.

92186-6s2p-228x228-jpg.12581

I use these as well and they are awesome. I have two of the Onyx 5400mAh and they suck compared to the SMC batteries.

I use a 4 channel charger since both my son and I have cars that use two batteries at once. This one handles the big batteries with ease.
61TmSCGGJ5L._SX425_.jpg

I just registered for this forum and hope not to ask a question already answered, but I am looking at the smc 7400mah 150 amp 90c 3s lipos. are those too big or might damage the esc?

I just registered for this forum and hope not to ask a question already answered, but I am looking at the smc 7400mah 150 amp 90c 3s lipos. are those too big or might damage the esc?
I have two sets of these. They are a snug fit, but they do work. And they are AWESOME batteries.

We have the VENOM PRO QUAD and we absolutely love this thing! Hubby had Onyx LiPo's for his Nero and they puffed almost instantly, now have a bad cell and less than a year later we are replacing them. I have a Venom in my truck and it's great (I know some ppl out there will say they are an overrated battery, but I have no complaints). We wanted to try something new and ordered a few PowerHobby LiPo's and so far are impressed.... we will see how they do in the long run....

We have the VENOM PRO QUAD and we absolutely love this thing! Hubby had Onyx LiPo's for his Nero and they puffed almost instantly, now have a bad cell and less than a year later we are replacing them. I have a Venom in my truck and it's great (I know some ppl out there will say they are an overrated battery, but I have no complaints). We wanted to try something new and ordered a few PowerHobby LiPo's and so far are impressed.... we will see how they do in the long run....
Only overrated battery I have seen is Max amps, the biggest perpetrators for making up C ratings.

I have two sets of these. They are a snug fit, but they do work. And they are AWESOME batteries.
thank you for replying, I'm glad to hear you have these and they work. I ordered 2 for my nero lol. can't wait to try them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back