Notorious Battery strap, have I lost my mind...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coops

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think my brain no longer functions properly. I'm sure it's something easy but how does the long battery strap that runs lengthwise work? I don't get it. The whole one side is the same. I'v got a plastic buckle it supposed to go through but not sure which way it goes through.
If someone can direct me to a video or picture, that would be great.

Thanks!
15965131778669165429109725705228.jpg

Ok, I think my brain no longer functions properly. I'm sure it's something easy but how does the long battery strap that runs lengthwise work? I don't get it. The whole one side is the same. I'v got a plastic buckle it supposed to go through but not sure which way it goes through.
If someone can direct me to a video or picture, that would be great.

Thanks!View attachment 92838
Should be similar to this, the stock strap is way longer than it needs to be on my kraton so I had to cut it.

EDIT: forgot to include both ends of the battery tray ;)

Attachments

• 20200803_230133.jpg
    20200803_230133.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 216
  • 20200803_230118.jpg
    20200803_230118.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 232
  • 20200803_230404.jpg
    20200803_230404.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200803_230809.jpg
    20200803_230809.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Should be similar to this, the stock strap is way longer than it needs to be on my kraton so I had to cut it.

EDIT: forgot to include both ends of the battery tray ;)
Thanks, I managed to figure it out thanks to your pics!

I was "lucky" enough to get the omly kraton in the shop which happened to be their shelf model so they'd already done most of the setup for me whoch means it must be right...right? :p

That said, how long does arrma think these batteries will be, the strap on mines was a foot and a half long before I cut it!

Mine was the last Notorious in the store but my problem is that I unboxed it with my 7yrld son and he started taking stuff apart so I had no idea how it went, plus instructions kind of suck...lol.

Mine was the last Notorious in the store but my problem is that I unboxed it with my 7yrld son and he started taking stuff apart so I had no idea how it went, plus instructions kind of suck...lol.
Ha! Young children and expensive RC always makes for double the work ;)

My 3s batteries are too fat to fit into the battery tray. I have to take off the sliding lock thingy and put my batteries in then put it back then strap it up.

My 3s batteries are too fat to fit into the battery tray. I have to take off the sliding lock thingy and put my batteries in then put it back then strap it up.
Yeah, mine were the same. Just that stupid strap took me a while but all is good now. :)

What?! How?! Do you have super high mah/amperage batteries or some cheap things that aren't at least close to the standard set by NiCad batteries back in the 80's?

Or maybe they getting too old and puffy?

I haven't bought a battery yet that wasn't at least the same thiccness as a standard NiMh, some are a little longer but you can adjust the length of the strap.for longer so I'm imagining a chonkers battery...

What?! How?! Do you have super high mah/amperage batteries or some cheap things that aren't at least close to the standard set by NiCad batteries back in the 80's?

Or maybe they getting too old and puffy?

I haven't bought a battery yet that wasn't at least the same thiccness as a standard NiMh, some are a little longer but you can adjust the length of the strap.for longer so I'm imagining a chonkers battery...
It is this brand 3s lipo
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083PRVPS5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NIGkFbZ78XZNX

Oh, yeah, anything with a plastic shell has become suss to me...early in my attempts to break into.lipo I bought a bunch of cheap batteries...the biggest drawback, outside of not really knowing what you have inside the shell, is the wires coming out of the top which is fine if your using one battery but most of my other models are either 2 or 3s so I buy to be able to share across my models...soft packs all the way. Most high level RC's have batter holders so you don't need the shell.on the battery. Heck, Kevin Talbot has bent batteries in half, smashed them flat and kept running ;)
Been using these for almost a year. Even at 4500mah I'm seeing 45 at least mimutes of run time on my Kraton 6s and the same on my senton 3s. Less than $60 for two batteries that have historically held up well and perform well...it's a steal ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZGH1CGC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
Been using these for almost a year. Even at 4500mah I'm seeing 45 at least mimutes of run time on my Kraton 6s and the same on my senton 3s. Less than $60 for two batteries that have historically held up well and perform well...it's a steal ;)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZGH1CGC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back