Big Rock Battery Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustafa

Reaction score
I am planning to get my first RC and after a lots of reading and watching hundreds of reviews i decided to go with big rock but i am still confused with lipo batteries and the conflict between positive and negative reviews.

Can you please suggest a good 3S bundle (charger and battery) easy to use and budget friendly 😅

Hello! Congrats on the big rock!, I’ve been using Zee batteries in my 6s/3s rigs have had great run time and power with them I’d suggest looking for hard cases as well

https://www.amazon.com/stores/ZeeePower/page/3FBF2C81-B132-4D9A-8110-B46EACED54FD?ref_=ast_bln

I haven’t tried these hoovos but they are a little cheaper and have heard nothing but good things

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/481FFCCB-CF36-40ED-BABD-531EEB5B7063/?_encoding=UTF8&store_ref=SB_A019598012OHMRSL3E2S7&pd_rd_plhdr=t&aaxitk=15840d43f1779398f991ce8823cc45fc&hsa_cr_id=9691759580901&lp_asins=B07MQXBYZ5,B086BZCBLF&lp_query=hoovo lipo&lp_slot=mobile-auto-sparkle-tetris&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_ssm2_logo&pd_rd_w=M6f8B&pf_rd_p=22aaccd3-32f1-4e8a-8b82-495782857be5&pd_rd_wg=MaV6C&pf_rd_r=P93CEWN44FCNS1FDY2ZQ&pd_rd_r=ea326576-f195-457e-a270-30d47dcd0c2b

For a charger I run a venom dual you’ll naturally want Atleast two batteries to enjoy your day out especially if you have to travel to a spot, dual saves time on charging naturally.

But for a budget charger this spektrum is a good brand n it’s pretty stesif forward plug n charge but it’s just one port.

https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-Smart-Battery-Charger-LiIon/dp/B07XMFB8C7/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=3FMYNM97K1308&dchild=1&keywords=spektrum+smart+charger&qid=1634832864&qsid=132-7840539-7480054&sprefix=spektrum+sm&sr=8-4&sres=B07M93DZZR,B07XMFB8C7,B08V8YZ341,B08BH7863D,B088Y6R826,B07HP599CK,B08ZD3C769,B088YVHT4M,B07M5C43ZF,B07TTP3CRY,B07HP65NT3,B07WXSKMP4,B08KFQGP41,B08VCPDFWT&srpt=BATTERY_CHARGER

Lipos are made out to be a lot worse than they actually are. Also the technology has gotten better so its rare to see lipo fires from them just sitting. I myself have close to 30 lipos from 2s to 6s and have not had a single fire or issue in over a year and a half. As long as you storage charge them when not in use and make sure to not overcharge them you will be fine. For a decent reasonable priced charger look for something that's around 60w and up and includes charging leads and a balance board. Batteries again there are a lot of options and price ranges and performance. Being in Iraq it may be harder to find the more popular brands we have here in the US such as CNHL, Zeee, Powerhobby, Gen Ace, SMC, Hoovo, Spektrum etc. My suggestion would be to see what is available to you and then ask here on the forum what the best option would be so we are able to help you make a better decision and get a good reliable battery.

I
Lipos are made out to be a lot worse than they actually are. Also the technology has gotten better so its rare to see lipo fires from them just sitting. I myself have close to 30 lipos from 2s to 6s and have not had a single fire or issue in over a year and a half. As long as you storage charge them when not in use and make sure to not overcharge them you will be fine. For a decent reasonable priced charger look for something that's around 60w and up and includes charging leads and a balance board. Batteries again there are a lot of options and price ranges and performance. Being in Iraq it may be harder to find the more popular brands we have here in the US such as CNHL, Zeee, Powerhobby, Gen Ace, SMC, Hoovo, Spektrum etc. My suggestion would be to see what is available to you and then ask here on the forum what the best option would be so we are able to help you make a better decision and get a good reliable battery.
No worries about the brand, i have people in US who will bring everything so suggest any brand you think good. I read about Gen Ace and Spektrum. Also Zee are available on Amazon

Id suggest looking at CNHL, SMC and Gen Ace. If you decide to go with CNHL message me via the envelope symbol on the top of the screen and I can give you a 15% off discount coupon to save some money an CNHL batteries 👍🏼

I got Zee and SMC. The SMC is a pretty nice battery. Zee's are cheap and a good enough bang for the buck. My SMC, holds a charge better though.
I have a Spektrum dual charger S2100. So far its been a snap to use. Kinda on the pricey side tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back