Kraton Battery tray and servo mount question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSUBtRONiKx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi everyone,
Ive been bashing the Kraton hard for over a year now and its time to strip it all the way down for a thorough cleaning and much needed maintenance. That being said, this monster truggy has far surpassed all my expectations in terms of performance, durability, and fun. I have ordered a TON of parts including the Savox SW1210SG and the V3 battery tray. My questions are as follows:

1. I already have the standard GKA servo mount and it has been flawless. I have read some contradictory information in the forums in regards to the Savox SW1210SG. Some say it is a direct drop in, while GKA and other people recommend the extended mount. I do not want to order another servo mount because I'm already over budget (lol). I read in one post that this servo will fit in the standard mount with spacers. What spacers would I need and where can I buy them?

2. Will the V3 battery tray mount directly to the V2 chassis? I know for the Outcast battery tray drilling and countersinking is needed. As far as I know Arrma did not make any changes to the chassis. Or do I need to buy the V3 chassis if and when there is one available at a reasonable price?

1. Just make sure the servo doesn't reach the chassis plate. Some servos come with needed spacers but you can use whatever necessary.

2. Most likely it should be a straight swap but drilling a few extra holes is hardly rocket science.

Idk, I added the outcast battery tray and it was direct fit on v2 chassis.

F795051C-4FE5-4231-A898-5C860363F0C0.jpeg

It depends on when you bought your V2. The early V2's did not have the 2nd set of rear holes while the V2's shipped out at the time of the V1 Outcast had the current Kraton chassis. However, as @nulli stated, drilling a few extra holes is hardly rocket science :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back