Notorious Battery tray foam/protector

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakeaowen15

Reaction score
I just got new batteries and don’t want to put any unwanted marks in them, and was wanting to know if y’all put foam in your trays and or what’s the best thing to put in the tray to prevent the battery from hitting super hard when doing jumps?

I personally used some foam strips years ago that my charger came packed in but yeah, pretty much any foam that provides cushioning and limited movement.

I personally used some foam strips years ago that my charger came packed in but yeah, pretty much any foam that provides cushioning and limited movement.
What kind of foam
Option 1 foam:
93BB7CB6-DC23-47A4-A61B-C26C936B9292.png

Or option 2 foam:
E977B310-2649-4497-9011-AA971EAEE142.png

Foam will help with knicks and scratches, but it won't stop them from turning into banana's if your big sending..

If your batts are turning into banana's you need to plate the bottom of the battery tray..

I am currently using some drawer-liner stuff that I had sitting around. I may also add velcro to the bottom of the tray, to try and prevent the batteries from sliding. I already have velcro on my batteries, for mounting them to aircraft, and then securing them with straps. So a strip of velcro at the bottom of the battery tray would help keep them from moving around. It would also add a bit of padding (not much, admittedly). I also added closed-cell foam in front of the battery, since my packs are shorter than the tray. I'm hoping to give it a bit of cushioning, if the packs try to slide forward in a crash.

FREE closed-cell foam that's used in packing sensitive computer/electronics.. They usually are in thick sheets or blocks.

I just ask the local computer, electronics or hunting/sporting goods stores:
Best Buy, MicroCenter, even D!ck's or Cabela's.. whenever I stop by their stores.
They have tons of them during their restocking days..

I am currently using some drawer-liner stuff that I had sitting around. I may also add velcro to the bottom of the tray, to try and prevent the batteries from sliding. I already have velcro on my batteries, for mounting them to aircraft, and then securing them with straps. So a strip of velcro at the bottom of the battery tray would help keep them from moving around. It would also add a bit of padding (not much, admittedly). I also added closed-cell foam in front of the battery, since my packs are shorter than the tray. I'm hoping to give it a bit of cushioning, if the packs try to slide forward in a crash.
Well crappers, never thought of the velcro idea to assist with keeping batt in place. Great idea. I'm gonna try that! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back