Battery tray issue nero/fazon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Friso Fox

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
It seems the Big Rock and Fazon still have the same battery tray issue, battery tray opening up after hard landing. Arrma should have solved this problem and by not doing that even more people wil go for the Outcast is my guess. Any thoughts/solutions on this?

It seems the Big Rock and Fazon still have the same battery tray issue, battery tray opening up after hard landing. Arrma should have solved this problem and by not doing that even more people wil go for the Outcast is my guess. Any thoughts/solutions on this?
tighten the little screw in center by the lock. open door there is a screw there tighten it up. it holds the locker in place and if it gets loose or came front factors loose then doors tend to pop open.

Last edited:
remove battery compartment grab yourself a nice tin shinny plate made of whatever metal from your favorite suplier drill hole on your plate to reproduce the same bolt pattern from ur battery compartment and get urself some velcro strap that u sandwich in between the chassis plate and ur new plate ( im planning on doing that when i get mine)

I use a small zip tie through the hole on top and bottom of the battery enclosure by the button

remove battery compartment grab yourself a nice tin shinny plate made of whatever metal from your favorite suplier drill hole on your plate to reproduce the same bolt pattern from ur battery compartment and get urself some velcro strap that u sandwich in between the chassis plate and ur new plate ( im planning on doing that when i get mine)
You'd be better off with a piece of angle aluminum, for some support on the bottom. but overall still pretty solid idea

Here's my plan. Add an outcastesque additional securing method to the Nero battery tray. I plan to drill 3 holes in the battery tray as noted in the attached picture. The proximal hole I'll tap. Then just close battery tray like normal and then thread a long bolt through.

Attachments

• youdoodle-2016-12-07T06-44-53Z.png
    youdoodle-2016-12-07T06-44-53Z.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Here's my plan. Add an outcastesque additional securing method to the Nero battery tray. I plan to drill 3 holes in the battery tray as noted in the attached picture. The proximal hole I'll tap. Then just close battery tray like normal and then thread a long bolt through.

That's actually not a bad idea. Another thought is to remove the spring and fill that area in with JB Weld, and add a tap for a screw, similar to what Cr3pitus was thinking of.

Works. The bolts are the extra bumper bolts

Better pic

Attachments

• IMG_20161207_154611.jpg
    IMG_20161207_154611.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20161207_230252.jpg
    IMG_20161207_230252.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 106
Sweet man. Glad those bolts work. Do they go all the way through to the vertical plate or just through the first and second?

Sweet man. Glad those bolts work. Do they go all the way through to the vertical plate or just through the first and second?
These just go through the first and second. Those ribs on the bottom of the tray are definitely beefy enough I don't see a need to go farther and make it more difficult

Right on! Glad you were able to find that out. Appreciate it as it will fix the issue I'm sure.

It would be really cool if there were a way to essentially flip them over so they'd open from the top. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket parts companies coming up with a mod for this?
All of the sudden I have a dramatic urge to buy a 3d printer... that is such a good idea man.

The main idea for them opening through the bottom is that you don't need to take the body off to change the batteries.
Yah but you kinda do, because you have to take it off to get to the plugs successfully - I would even say it would take you both more time and effort to switch the batteries with the body on than off

All of the sudden I have a dramatic urge to buy a 3d printer... that is such a good idea man.

Yeah! You let me know, and I'll buy some modded doors from you. :)

I don't know what they were thinking with the bottom doors. You still have to turn off the car, let alone disconnect the plugs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back