Mojave Battery tray question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Mojave EXB
So I know the HH website says that the max battery size is 6.25 inches long. Is it possible to mod it to hold Lipos that are 7.5 inches long? Thought Id ask folks who already own and run this truck. Thanks! :)

Depends on width and how you configure but yes
20210615_174911.jpg

The width of the l;ipos are within specs its just the length that I was concerned about.
You can position the battery tray a few ways, the photo shows the most "forward" position allowing the longest batteries to be inserted. You'll probably need to find a way to safely stow your balance connectors. Which batteries are you planning on using?

On the subject of battery trays, I'm running 2 4s and the little slider thing doesn't open far enough to fit them. (They're too tall).

Any way to remove that slider or any recommendations for an aftermarket tray?

On the subject of battery trays, I'm running 2 4s and the little slider thing doesn't open far enough to fit them. (They're too tall).

Any way to remove that slider or any recommendations for an aftermarket tray?
You can cut up the channel to make it a shade taller. I did this and can stack two cnhl 4s packs nicely. See the 2nd pic below - this is the hotracing upgrade, I don't use it at the moment.

20210616_080355.jpg
20210616_080408.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back