Kraton Battery Tray Replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
OOPs, almost had a situation this weekend. Kraton got a bit sideways and caught another bump and went for a pretty big cartwheeling tumble. During which I see sparks flying, and the car is smoking when I got to it. The front battery strap snapped, and one of the 3S packs I had in there, came out, and then tore off right at the connector. Thank goodness, the battery didn't seem puffed or warm at all. Check it several times over the next day and all seems OK.. Now I just need to re-solder the Xt-90 on it.

I know I can just order some new straps, but I am wondering if there is a battery tray that is an easy replacement or If there are just better straps I should get.

OOPs, almost had a situation this weekend. Kraton got a bit sideways and caught another bump and went for a pretty big cartwheeling tumble. During which I see sparks flying, and the car is smoking when I got to it. The front battery strap snapped, and one of the 3S packs I had in there, came out, and then tore off right at the connector. Thank goodness, the battery didn't seem puffed or warm at all. Check it several times over the next day and all seems OK.. Now I just need to re-solder the Xt-90 on it.

I know I can just order some new straps, but I am wondering if there is a battery tray that is an easy replacement or If there are just better straps I should get.

Have you considered switching to the Outcast battery tray? It's much more secure. Pretty easy mod, just need to drill four holes in the chassis. The back mounts on the tray is an inch shorter. I've attached a photo showing the bottom of battery tray and the bottom of the chassis. I've done this on a few of my cars.

Attachments

• 20161212_221701.jpg
    20161212_221701.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 132
Have you considered switching to the Outcast battery tray? It's much more secure. Pretty easy mod, just need to drill four holes in the chassis. The back mounts on the tray is an inch shorter. I've attached a photo showing the bottom of battery tray and the bottom of the chassis. I've done this on a few of my cars.

Yes, I saw that one, but was hoping to not have to drill into the chassis. I am still weighing options.

Just out of curiosity what brand of battery? I had to re-solder 2 of my powerhobby batteries. One came off and I looked at the other one and there was barely any solder on there to hold it together in the first place.

They are "BIAS' Brand. They are sold by the same guys that make Venom Batteries. I doubt many batteries would have handled the force of the cart wheels, once it came out of the car it was swinging wildly.

Batteries sit side by side rather then on top of one another.

Attachments

• 20170304_081419.jpg
    20170304_081419.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 106
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back