Notorious Battery Tray

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmaholic

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I grabbed a notorious . I've been practicing my jumps with it. Launched it about 25 feet up did a few back flips. Landed rather hard . The battery tray ripped right off the chassis and since it's connected to the receiver box it broke the bracket that the receiver box mounts on. Also when the tray shifted the antenna wire got pinched and broke. I searched quick but didn't notice any threads about this issue. I may just fab up a tray and rivet it the chassis. Stacking two 3s batteries definitely causes unnecessary stress to the plastic tray. Throw in a hard landing and the fun is over.

I've broken a few battery trays. I now use longer screws and put a nuts on the end that have room. I then run a rectangular piece of metal under the batteries so the screw ends don't punch holes in the battery.

Mine break when I land upside down lol. Running lighter batteries can help. I keep a spare on hand. I often thought shallow t nuts run down thru the tray would work but haven't tried it. Just grind then to the thickness of the tray, drill out the holes in the tray and run some screws up through which are a proper length, then cover the t nuts with some gorilla tape.

How much weight your battery? If you use a 6s instead, will it be lighter? I am considering using 2pack batteries recently, but I am worried that they will be too heavy to my car and effect the speed.

2 reaction 3S hard case stacked. Not sure of the actual weight. I would think if you are going for speed you would be fine with 2 3s soft packs .

How much weight your battery? If you use a 6s instead, will it be lighter? I am considering using 2pack batteries recently, but I am worried that they will be too heavy to my car and effect the speed.
I've been using 2x3S Hobbystar 6200mah packs from rcjuice. Still on my original battery tray since July 2018. I ran 2x2S 7200 SMC hard case packs in it until April of this year though. I had some 9000mah 2S and 10500 2S SMC packs, but never ran them in it. I kind of quit using them as I got them for my ERBEv1 then switched to the lighter 7200/7400 2S packs as it's suspension didn't care for the weight. So when I got the outcast, I stuck with the same 7200/7400 2S packs.

Good battery info. Do you run for speed or do full send bashing ? I was sending it off a launch ramp at high speed on pavement when the battery tray finally popped out completely. Easily 20-25 feet up and missed the landing. My fault completely on the bad landing . I just questioned the durability of the tray under hard bashing that is why I made this thread. If you are not moon launching and just racing around the tray may hold up.

Good battery info. Do you run for speed or do full send bashing ? I was sending it off a launch ramp at high speed on pavement when the battery tray finally popped out completely. Easily 20-25 feet up and missed the landing. My fault completely on the bad landing . I just questioned the durability of the tray under hard bashing that is why I made this thread. If you are not moon launching and just racing around the tray may hold up.
I air it out pretty good, but never onto concrete/blacktop, always in the grass. The only concrete landings I make are when dropping into the skate park from outside and then it's only 4-5 feet or so.

I air it out pretty good, but never onto concrete/blacktop, always in the grass. The only concrete landings I make are when dropping into the skate park from outside and then it's only 4-5 feet or so.
Maybe I just think too much about this, many people like use 2 packs battery, I am going to try it. thank you very much

Nice video man ! Nice spot you got.

I just installed a new battery tray from HR. Blue loctite every screw. It bulges the side skirt a bit but fits under the body perfect. In theory if my batteries are side by side I have less force trying to rip the box from the chassis.

20190820_190843.jpg
20190820_190835.jpg

Nice video man ! Nice spot you got.

I just installed a new battery tray from HR. Blue loctite every screw. It bulges the side skirt a bit but fits under the body perfect. In theory if my batteries are side by side I have less force trying to rip the box from the chassis.

View attachment 46153View attachment 46154
Let me know how that works out. I'm always looking for a solution to my battery tray issues ??

Try avoiding stumps ?

You really like busting my balls, huh? ? Nothing like getting advice from a guy that balls his truck up so much he owns stock in JRC. You should just tell them to send you a complete truck since you are bound to break every part in it anyway ?

You really like busting my balls, huh? ? Nothing like getting advice from a guy that balls his truck up so much he owns stock in JRC. You should just tell them to send you a complete truck since you are bound to break every part in it anyway ?
You're just such a good sport, I can't help myself. ? I would order a whole truck, except they would forget a few critical parts. Still waiting on a hinge pin....

I'll be sending it tommorow . I'll let you know how it holds up. May try and post up a video of my crash landings. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back