Battery upgrade options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kent

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hey all, sorry if this is a repetitive thing around here with noob questions. I have a raider done buggy with the stock nimh 2000 7.2v battery. Wondering what's a good upgrade for longer life and maybe a little more speed? I see alot on amazon that look like the same physical size but when I find one with the Dean's T plug that I need they sometimes have the extra little white plug on the side of the battery also, is that just for charging or does that extra plug need to be plugged into the car also to work? My son lost the charger a few years ago so we haven't been able to use it so I just got a new charger with every plug adapter so I can charge any of them I think. Any ideas on a decent upgrade for us? I'm not familiar with anything battery related so it's all a little Greek to me.

From what I know, the mah value is related to run time and the voltage is related to the power that it puts out. I might be wrong though. The white plug is just for charging so just tuck it away when running and plugs into the balance port when charging. I don’t know what voltage the raider can take from the battery so definitely find that out first. It should be 2/3S. And when finding an aftermarket battery look for brands like ovonic, gensacearespammers, etc (big brands) and that will help with run time and speed. Good prices for batteries should be around 30 for a 2S and 45-60 for a 3S depending on the mah.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back