Battery voltage tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gherik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
what tester are you guys using to check up on your batteries? i have been looking at the Tenergy 5-in-1 Battery Meter.

I just use either my charger if I'm testing around the same time I am charging batteries or those little charger you plug into you balance port that cost between $2 and $5

I use this generic one bought from my lhs for $5. Works great.

Attachments

• IMG_20180720_115728_512x_b509c6ce-cf80-4d25-8ed0-7ed93bc954a6_512x.jpg
    IMG_20180720_115728_512x_b509c6ce-cf80-4d25-8ed0-7ed93bc954a6_512x.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 52
For at-the-field usage, i love the Hitec Lipo Checker, not only it is really small and doesn't have any settings so it easy to use, but also it doesn't beep and it let you see all the cells and total % at once (you don't need to wait for each of the cells to show)

A bonus feature is that is also balances. to if you get out of the house without fully balancing the pack, just keep it connected to the battery until you reach the bashing place, it will balance while needed and then shut off automatically.

I use a 90’s multimeter
I own one, and the only thing I know how to use it for, is checking my regular alkaline batteries. I actually taped the instructions on the back, so I would never forget how. Pm me the instructions to check my lipos, and I'll make a new label to add to the back:), then it will be able to do two things!

what tester are you guys using to check up on your batteries? i have been looking at the Tenergy 5-in-1 Battery Meter.

That Tenergy is the one I use what separates it from some of the cheaper ones is the internal resistance checker. Had a couple lipos that would charge fine but when used would die fairly quick then checked the internal resistance of some of the cells and some were really high. So I check the internal resistance of all my packs every now and then to give a little indication of the cells in the packs health. Plus it does give the percentage of each cells use but the cheaper ones do also. With the Tenergy it's just a quick way to check my packs.

That Tenergy is the one I use what separates it from some of the cheaper ones is the internal resistance checker. Had a couple lipos that would charge fine but when used would die fairly quick then checked the internal resistance of some of the cells and some were really high. So I check the internal resistance of all my packs every now and then to give a little indication of the cells in the packs health. Plus it does give the percentage of each cells use but the cheaper ones do also. With the Tenergy it's just a quick way to check my packs.
Got a link? I looked at the 5-in-1 on amazon and it doesn't list that it does resistance.

I use this GoolRC tester. Had to cut out the plastic underneath the pins so the JST connectors would slip on, but otherwise works well.

Thanks. I must have clicked on one of the others then.

After googling them a bit... seems unless you spend a decent amount of money, the IR testers don't really work. This one comes up on quite a few forums, for $95 and you have to test each cell by hand:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wayne-g...esr-meter-for-100-10000mah-1-6-cell-lipo.html

Last edited:
Thanks. I must have clicked on one of the others then.

After googling them a bit... seems unless you spend a decent amount of money, the IR testers don't really work. This one comes up on quite a few forums, for $95 and you have to test each cell by hand:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/wayne-g...esr-meter-for-100-10000mah-1-6-cell-lipo.html

I am not saying it's super accurate like that one you linked. Like I said earlier I had a (Venom) pack that charged fine but hit lvc fairly quick didn't know what was wrong then I checked the IR and it was above 25. Had another older under performing pack that was around 20 for the IR. Whether the numbers are accurate I don't know but for my use it's fine. If anything it's still a good basic lipo checker and was worth buying.

The one you linked would be nice if it does what it says about testing the actual C rating of a pack. I wouldn't mind seeing a budget lipo (Turnigy, Floureon, HRB etc.) comparison compared to some higher dollar ones.

Works well and is dirt cheap! $3.32CDN
it's a low battery alarm I was using on my quads.. it can be programmed to alarm if any cells drops below x.xx what ever you choose to set.

it shows scans through.. displays total voltage, then each cell one by one..
IE

Total - 11.1
Cel 1 - 3.72
Cel 2 - 3.7
Cel 3 - 3.68

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-...rm-p-26049.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Ps.. Choose US warehouse and it will ship fast!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back