Battery voltage to the Radiolink R7FG receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starkster

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hobby shop tech said I couldn't use a 6S and use the R7FG telemetry, he said 4S or lower. Is anybody using the RC6GS v2 with R7FG and getting real time battery voltage telemetry? It's hard to believe it would just work with 4S and under?

It would be quiet believable if it can only handle 4s. 6s= higher voltage ⚡ the receiver telemetry feature may not be able to handle it. I don't know what it is but there's a simple explanation of why it might not work. I don't have any idea of what this receiver is like though.

Last edited:
Nothing in the manual, but on some stores 6s max is mentioned in the description...

You could just make a balance port adapter for the telemetry so it only measures only one cell (4.2V). That's what i do with the Nobel NB4 radio, FGr4 receiver and FS-CVT01 sensor (I use the temperature sensor for the motor too). Works great.

Curious if you hooked up the telemetry? I just got this radiolink radio and am not sure how to hook up the telemetry plug on a 6s setup. the wires look too small for 6s and of course the jst plugs aren't adaptable to ec5. I didn't mess with it but would like to have the option.

Curious if you hooked up the telemetry? I just got this radiolink radio and am not sure how to hook up the telemetry plug on a 6s setup. the wires look too small for 6s and of course the jst plugs aren't adaptable to ec5. I didn't mess with it but would like to have the option.
You have to have a telemetry capable receiver. The jet plugs into to receiver tapped into the main power source. I tapped mine right off the esc power leads. It will display right on the remote.

I have the capable receiver with the Radiolink 6ch radio. I understand where to plug into the receiver, its the battery side i don't. The gauge of wire doesn't look heavy enough for a 6s battery.

It doesn’t have to be the is no amps carried across it. It’s just there to read voltage. No worries with that👍

You could just make a balance port adapter for the telemetry so it only measures only one cell (4.2V). That's what i do with the Nobel NB4 radio, FGr4 receiver and FS-CVT01 sensor (I use the temperature sensor for the motor too). Works great.
Brilliant. I had read RadioLink only supports up to 6s so had given up on it but this is a great workaround. Must be a bit easier too on the fly - no math or remembering cutoff voltages for each battery setup lol. Also then let’s you set a cutoff voltage alarm that works for any model you’re running from a single RadioLink controller. I like It.

Last edited:
3D-RC , thanks for your responses. I hope you can have patience with me. I'm still not getting the battery/esc hookup. So you're saying the part i circled with the ? is good enough to put ec5 connectors on and plug into a 6s battery?

Screenshot_20211227-091104_Chrome.jpg

3D-RC , thanks for your responses. I hope you can have patience with me. I'm still not getting the battery/esc hookup. So you're saying the part i circled with the ? is good enough to put ec5 connectors on and plug into a 6s battery?

View attachment 188744
Brother we are all family here. No worries.
Yes that is exactly what you will be looking for. If you want you can get rid of the adapter and just put it right on the wires. I puts a jst plug on the esc power leads that way I can replace it at a later date because they don’t last forever. And the less adapters you have the better. Every connection between the esc and battery is resistance and that is bad on an esc. But the battery telemetry is a bridge so it will have min effect on resistance the way I did it. But adding it to an adapter increases it much more. Always feel free to ask me. My inbox is always open👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back