Battery wont charge, charger sayts "Low volts"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I save the battery? it´s a lipo with balance cable.
You can put it on a slow and low NiMH mode charge for a while to get it back into the safe range. Do this outside away from any flammables. If you can get it back above 3.2v per cell, then switch back to a balance charge and see what happens. ??

You can put it on a slow and low NiMH mode charge for a while to get it back into the safe range. Do this outside away from any flammables. If you can get it back above 3.2v per cell, then switch back to a balance charge and see what happens. ??
Thanks i´ll try that =)

Hey it worked perfectly...pushed 1Ampere for 30mins in NIMH mode and then i could do a balance charge !! thannks man, you´re a lifesaver....tomorrows first bash is SO ON =)

Nice one, try to avoid that happening as other than overheating.. nothing damages your battery like getting it below V min.

Charging them to storage voltage after a days sesh is a great habit to get into and reduces the chances of this happening.

Nice one, try to avoid that happening as other than overheating.. nothing damages your battery like getting it below V min.

Charging them to storage voltage after a days sesh is a great habit to get into and reduces the chances of this happening.
Yeah i always do... But not this one time.. It was a gap between that bash and by the time i got home i planned to do it next morning.. But never did. Aand it was a while ago.

Charge it up and let it sit overnight, then check the voltage's on each cell in the morning.

The last pack I had that dropped a cell voltage wouldn't retain it for more than a few hours after charging. Even then, when trying to run it, it would dump 5 minutes in, so it was useless anyway.

Just something to check at home before you get out to bash and find your pack is flat just as you start your run.

Mine even dropped quite a bit after a few hours and was below 2V by morning on that one cell.

I know it goes without saying but always good to be sure to have your ESC in lipo mode. Not so much of an issue with the arrma BLX receivers but for cheaper ones that just use a jumper to set the mode it can be easily overlooked. I set the jumper wrong on my granite voltage when I first got it and almost killed the lipo I was running.

Charge it up and let it sit overnight, then check the voltage's on each cell in the morning.

The last pack I had that dropped a cell voltage wouldn't retain it for more than a few hours after charging. Even then, when trying to run it, it would dump 5 minutes in, so it was useless anyway.

Just something to check at home before you get out to bash and find your pack is flat just as you start your run.

Mine even dropped quite a bit after a few hours and was below 2V by morning on that one cell.

I charged it last night. Now its morning. How do i check it? Just try a balanced charge?

There should be a battery meter function on your charger. If not, get a battery checker. From like 1-2$ up. Or get a multimeter and learn how to use it!

But yes, if nothing else, you can initiate a charge and check the cell voltages immediately after it starts. :)

There should be a battery meter function on your charger. If not, get a battery checker. From like 1-2$ up. Or get a multimeter and learn how to use it!

But yes, if nothing else, you can initiate a charge and check the cell voltages immediately after it starts. :)
Have a multimeter but how do i check individual cells? ?

If your charger doesn't have a cell meter program you should try a balanced charge and try scrolling across to the individual cell screen.

If you are unable to do that you can test individual cell voltages from the lipos balance plug with a meter as follows..

rcheli-diagram-balance_jst-xh.png

(For 6s)
black -> yellow = cell 1 (3.7V)
yellow -> orange = cell 2 (3.7V)
orange -> purple = cell 3 (3.7V)
and so on..

black -> orange = cells 1 + 2 (7.4V)
yellow -> purple = cells 2 + 3 (7.4V)
black -> purple = cells 1 + 2 + 3 (11.1V)
and so on..

(For other cell counts just use the corresponding colours from the schematic)

Taken from here.. http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors

Last edited:
If your charger doesn't have a cell meter program you should try a balanced charge and try scrolling across to the individual cell screen.

If you are unable to do that you can test individual cell voltages from the lipos balance plug with a meter as follows..

View attachment 70793

(6s)
black -> yellow = cell 1 (3.7V)
yellow -> orange = cell 2 (3.7V)
orange -> purple = cell 3 (3.7V)
and so on..

black -> orange = cells 1 + 2 (7.4V)
yellow -> purple = cells 2 + 3 (7.4V)
black -> purple = cells 1 + 2 + 3 (11.1V)
and so on..

Taken from here.. http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors
Thats great... Thank you

Careful with the probes , you don't wanna short circuit a cell :)

Wenander do you use a venom charger? When I saw the topic title immediately though "I bet it's another venom"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back