Kraton Battery's disconnection when bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Anyone have a solution for the batteries coming unplugged when hard bashing? I am using EC5/ IC5 connectors. Tired of having to plug it back it in every 5 minutes! 🙄

Anyone have a solution for the batteries coming unplugged when hard bashing? I am using EC5/ IC5 connectors. Tired of having to plug it back it in every 5 minutes! 🙄
Take a Tiny flat head screwdriver and pry the little prongs apart.

PXL_20220518_163325687.jpg

EC5/IC5 connectors fit together pretty tightly, so assuming they're good quality and not worn, if you're knocking them around hard enough to cause disconnections you may want to take a look at how you're tying down your wires.
YES☝️ Secure those cables!! All kinds of bad things can happen when the cables are flopping around..
Words of wisdom from an idiot(me) who stores lipos in a Ryobi tool bag!!🤣🤣

little flap of duct/gorilla tape around the connectors with a "courtesy tab" only takes an extra 20 seconds when connecting the battery. It'll keep them together, be easy to pull off when you're done, and is cheap to do. if i'm having issues with batteries coming out, firstly use good cable management like others stated above, and then tape the connectors together.

I loop battery cables under the battery velcro strap when possible. Seems to prevent this issue.
Me too..every rig requires a different approach. My kaiju and xmaxx both get cables routed under battery straps. Kraton I have the esc cables attached to the body support cage. Kronos I have the esc wires zip tied to a rear chassis brace.
little flap of duct/gorilla tape around the connectors with a "courtesy tab" only takes an extra 20 seconds when connecting the battery. It'll keep them together, be easy to pull off when you're done, and is cheap to do. if i'm having issues with batteries coming out, firstly use good cable management like others stated above, and then tape the connectors together.
Yup, you just reminded me that I've seen Duperbash wrap the connectors with electrical tape.

EC5/IC5 connectors fit together pretty tightly, so assuming they're good quality and not worn, if you're knocking them around hard enough to cause disconnections you may want to take a look at how you're tying down your wires.
+1

Provided the connectors are not damaged or just worn out, from my experience, user error is to blame.
The connectors should not flop around. Should be velcro'ed as not to move around. While leaving some slack with the wiring. Wiring should not be taught.
:cool:

I just test the lipo by touching the terminals to my tongue. Then I spit in the connectors and put them back together again. Then I pull another cold-filtered, beechwood-aged can of brewed mountain-stream lager from the bag and toast the lipo plug tester man at the factory for all he does, and eventually forget to spread the prongs back out and repeat the whole thing again later.

I just test the lipo by touching the terminals to my tongue. Then I spit in the connectors and put them back together again. Then I pull another cold-filtered, beechwood-aged can of brewed mountain-stream lager from the bag and toast the lipo plug tester man at the factory for all he does, and eventually forget to spread the prongs back out and repeat the whole thing again later.
It's the only way to be sure, really....

What's going on here? Those 2 sets of cables don't look like they belong together? You zip tie your connectors while charging?🤔🤣
Perhaps you live in a REALLY bad neighborhood?
🤣🤣My charger was on the run 😂😂 no,just proof of consept, was too lazy to find the car and lipos😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back