Limitless Battle of the BEASTS - TP5870 1100kv vs castle 2028 1100kv

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limitless202+

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
Ok so as some of you know, i have a top speed dedicated limitless, and this isnt special.
But im wondering, which motor is better for sheer top speed?
The tp or the castle?
they both have the same KV, the castle motor can run 10s though, as the tp can only run 8s.
but, the tp has much stronger magnets, and they are know for break nearly 18k watts (i have heard.)
anyone want to share their 2 cents?

Lol thanks for the 2 cents
actually though, i have both on the way.. since im kinda trying to convince tp to give me a more spicy wind, (they keep on saying no) the tp (even if only 1100kv) will hopefully arrive in 2 weeks.
so if i can drive the monster….

I'd guess the TP may give a little more speed being a little bigger can but the 2028 will definitely run more efficiently and not be as hard on your system. So actually the 2028 may be able to push a little more as its not going to demand as much so that little extra voltage and less amps may help. I'm definitely curious to see what results you get though for sure.

I'd guess the TP may give a little more speed being a little bigger can but the 2028 will definitely run more efficiently and not be as hard on your system. So actually the 2028 may be able to push a little more as its not going to demand as much so that little extra voltage and less amps may help. I'm definitely curious to see what results you get though for sure.
What about the 4080cm?
vs 1721?

What about the 4080cm?
vs 1721?
I'd say the same thing. In my experience TP motors draw more Amps and work the system harder over Castle motors. So having less draw and work from the Castle motor would allow to gear it higher and push more for the same Amp draw etc the TP would pull if that makes sense?

It does. Tp motors are harder on everything, but make more power. Castle systems are easier on everything, bit they make less power. So… you can pull harder on the castle motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back