Infraction Be careful in this heat dudes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you're okay now! We Texans might used to it, but that doesn't mean heat isn't dangerous. Be safe out there!

Well it's been a weird 24 hours since i started this thread, I've made a full recovery now and I'm ready for Friday night with the family.

Takeaway, wine and a horror film😁

Stay hydrated chaps, you really don't want to feel like i felt yesterday, scary stuff. 🤮

It's engrained in our brains here is California to ALWAYS stay hydrated even in the winter lol At least, in my work environment (the desert) we are always getting safety briefs every other week or so. Glad you are ok my friend! Make sure you spread the word to all your buds out there also haha!

Old people die a lot in the winter too.......and who you callin' old? 😡:ROFLMAO:😜
Apparently more in the summer. It's harder to stay cool than to stay warm. Everybody has heaters and clothes, but AC is for the rich

Glad ur feeling better mate. Be very careful in the heat. I lived in Alabama and worked a cleanup from a train derailment in Dec. at 6am the temp was 25 F/ -3C and had crews in the water skimming oil and had to worry about hypothermia. By noon the temp had risen to 85 F/25C and had to worry about those same guys suffering heat exhaustion. There's a saying in Alabama "If you don't like the weather, go back to sleep and wake up tomorrow". I say Alabama has two seasons "summer" and "not summer"

Glad to hear you’re ok. I live in Georgia and pretty much any day in the summer you’re in for a some pretty intense heat. Most of my cars have windows cut out of the body to allow more airflow to the internal components.

Just a tip, we Brits aren't used to this heat, I've been loving it and not really taking any extra precautions, I'm a big fella and thought i was tough enough for the heat wave.

Id just had a really good bash with the infraction, she had been rebuilt with all new fluids in all diffs and shocks and she was running amazing, she over heated twice which considering my driving was to be expected. That car park was hot with zero wind.

The batteries died and i drove with my son and wife to the shop to get some beers for tonight.

We still have to wear a mask in shops here in Wales and when i got back to the car, i sat in my seat everything went dark.

I clung on to my consciousness with everything i had, i told the wife i was going to flake, i sat there for ten minutes unable to move just shaking and sweating, she's drove us home and i was puking into a carrier bag on the way, i shakily ran into my bathroom and just sat there for 20 minutes wretching and puking, trying to sip some water in-between, everything in my vision was moving left to right, like being really really drunk.

I eventually cooled down and fell on an my bed in a heap, and here i lay. It's been a rough two hour trip but I'm back baby.

Don't take risks in this heat dudes, we may love it but i learnt a valuable lesson today.
Sorry to hear that, but glad you made it through.
I can identify, I'm from the US. We moved from the northern boarder to the south east part of the country. I never felt such hot blistering heat coupled with intense humidity ever. I learned real quick to hydrate and wear sun block when doing yard work. 2 weeks cutting my 1/3 acer lot with a push mower did a number on me. I quickly got a hat, sunblock and riding mower with a drink holder. Now yard work is a breeze and refreshing.
Glad to hear you’re ok. I live in Georgia and pretty much any day in the summer you’re in for a some pretty intense heat. Most of my cars have windows cut out of the body to allow more airflow to the internal components.
I was thinking about putting vent holes in my granites body.

Just a tip, we Brits aren't used to this heat, I've been loving it and not really taking any extra precautions, I'm a big fella and thought i was tough enough for the heat wave.

Id just had a really good bash with the infraction, she had been rebuilt with all new fluids in all diffs and shocks and she was running amazing, she over heated twice which considering my driving was to be expected. That car park was hot with zero wind.

The batteries died and i drove with my son and wife to the shop to get some beers for tonight.

We still have to wear a mask in shops here in Wales and when i got back to the car, i sat in my seat everything went dark.

I clung on to my consciousness with everything i had, i told the wife i was going to flake, i sat there for ten minutes unable to move just shaking and sweating, she's drove us home and i was puking into a carrier bag on the way, i shakily ran into my bathroom and just sat there for 20 minutes wretching and puking, trying to sip some water in-between, everything in my vision was moving left to right, like being really really drunk.

I eventually cooled down and fell on an my bed in a heap, and here i lay. It's been a rough two hour trip but I'm back baby.

Don't take risks in this heat dudes, we may love it but i learnt a valuable lesson today.
I live in south and and the heat index is RIDICULOUS but I'm used to it. The other day, it was only 85, but the heat index was 100! It was so hot that my gopro shut down. Yeah, you can have a heat stroke out there. I'm glad you are fine. I had to put game changer fans and other fans on my motors to keep things going.
Glad to hear you're okay now! We Texans might used to it, but that doesn't mean heat isn't dangerous. Be safe out there!
My gopro threw in the towel here in Texas the other day when the heat index was 100. Hehe. I still go out and bash. I just try to go in the morning

Yeah I went out for a few hours in the Heat I burn easily and I didn’t put any cream on, I got roasted I just about got home I had to flop on to my bed and fell asleep for a few hours. Phew it’s been unbearable , on a side note watch them lipo’s I’ve lost a few to this heat . They’ve puffed on me .

Puffing is normal and does not render them defective or diminish their capability. They just look weird.
This is 'slight puffing', totally normal. Most likely it will go away after a couple cycles or when it cools down.

Here's an update, the heat stroke came back and hammered me, i felt better so quickly that i had wine and beer that same night, i woke up at 3 in the morning and the world was spinning, and it stayed spinning,, i couldn't even stand without losing balance, i drank water for a day and got no better.

I ended up ringing our out of hours nhs and it was touch and go whether i was admitted to hospital to be put on a drip. The alcohol completely dehydrated me.

The doc told me to get some rehydration sachets, which i did and 12 hours on I'm now back to normal again but this time sober.

Lesson number two chaps, if you think you are over it don't drink alcohol to excess.

I am a total bell end!

I always say, "you can always put more clothes on but, you can only take off so much before you end up on a list". That being said, hydration and shade breaks are crucial. Heat illness is no joke! Plus, once you get it you are more likely to get it again. I work construction west coast of the USA, if its over 80f we have to do a heat safety meeting!

Glad you're ok!

The heat is no joke! I work in a warehouse that is constantly humid here in Maryland. I drink several 24oz bottles of water to keep my fluid levels in check. If you plan on a serious bashing session, try to stay in the shade, bring plenty of water and take breaks in between. We're almost into fall season which, in my opinion, is the ideal time for our vehicles to thrive and send it. Also, gatorade is fantastic at replenishing a lot of what your body sweats out, so 2 32oz bottles of your preferred flavor does wonders as well. Stay safe my friends!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back