Beadlock upgrade for 1/5 scale wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTErene10$

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 8s
This may have been discussed before but some information for you gear heads.
Late night wrenchen on my outcast 8s I was getting tired of breaking beadlocks on the rovan 1/5 scale wheels. So there is an upgrade for this from primal rc. Get there aluminum beadlock rings and with some slight modification to your hpi/rovan 1/5 scale wheels and they will fit. Should be a major upgrade. Time will tell. Here is some pictures using a 9/64 drill bit to enlarge the oem holes. And use a 7/32 bit to counter sink the hole so screw will fit. Don’t go to far. Also cut half of inside screw hole with knife like this so inside ring will fit. And you end up with a finished product. Will be doing testing on this with more updates to come.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Great tip.
👍 :cool: TY for sharing that one.

This may have been discussed before but some information for you gear heads.
Late night wrenchen on my outcast 8s I was getting tired of breaking beadlocks on the rovan 1/5 scale wheels. So there is an upgrade for this from primal rc. Get there aluminum beadlock rings and with some slight modification to your hpi/rovan 1/5 scale wheels and they will fit. Should be a major upgrade. Time will tell. Here is some pictures using a 9/64 drill bit to enlarge the oem holes. And use a 7/32 bit to counter sink the hole so screw will fit. Don’t go to far. Also cut half of inside screw hole with knife like this so inside ring will fit. And you end up with a finished product. Will be doing testing on this with more updates to come.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So you have a link to the bead locks? Looks clean...

So you have a link to the bead locks? Looks clean...
There from a primal rc dragster.
Unfortunately these do bend on big jumps. So I’m ditching the inners for sure for now. Maybe some uhmw plastic will be in the works. If you don’t jump let’s say higher then 3-5ft these held up okay.

Found some madmax beadlock rings on eBay that are a lot more beef then the stock plastic beadlock rings I will try for the inner rings.

image.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back