Kraton Beadlocks on Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chalmene

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello, sorry to start another thread on tires, but here it goes. Has anyone ran beadlock wheels on the Kraton on 6s? I have never owned a set of beadlocks, so I don't know what they can handle. Is this a good idea? Or will a glued set hold up better to 6s? I would really like the option to switch out / modify tires without having to remove / glue every time.

If so, can someone suggest a good set of 3.8 beadlocks that will work well with our Kraton? I've been to I need 1/2" offset.. Considering these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-AX801...007606?hash=item43f16920f6:g:q-cAAOSwFwpXcY~l

Also considering the Proline Badlands tires to go with the beadlocks as they are similar size to stock. I don't really care for wider or smaller diameter tires.

Opinions, ideas, experiences welcome. Thanks.

Yes, but also better traction it looks like. I don't mind a bit narrower, not that my heart is set on the Badlands, just considering. I don't care to go much wider though.

I have badlands and they are much smaller than stock kraton tires, narrower and shorter... traction is not improved i swapped back to stock tires badlands will go on something else... i just didnt like it.

I have badlands and they are much smaller than stock kraton tires, narrower and shorter... traction is not improved i swapped back to stock tires badlands will go on something else... i just didnt like it.

Huh, well thanks for the info, maybe I'll look for something else.

Huh, well thanks for the info, maybe I'll look for something else.
I have pics on my phone i can upload... they may have been better with a gear change as well but i thought they looked to small and had less traction than the stock tires did... so i just went back to stock... to each his own you may like them, they are great tires work and look awesome on friends erevo... i just like the bigger look of stock and they hook up pretty well in my lawn and driveway thats where i put most time on them...

the Badlands have ridiculously good traction, far better than stock, i just don't like the look on the Kraton.

Too small and wide (especially with the premounts which are 1/2 offset)/

My buddy has them on his Talion and they rip

20160716_090325.jpg

Ok I agree, Badlands are a little too narrow for the Kraton lol Thanks for the pic. I do like the Trenchers, but I really don't care to go larger. And I've heard complaints that they slow things down a bit, and don't steer as well. Hmm...

Ok I agree, Badlands are a little too narrow for the Kraton lol Thanks for the pic. I do like the Trenchers, but I really don't care to go larger. And I've heard complaints that they slow things down a bit, and don't steer as well. Hmm...
... kraton rear tire blow out... this one is shot... badlands it is im going to gear it tho...
20160720_191300.jpg
20160720_191449.jpg

Here are my beadlocks and tires

With them on

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1472939747621.jpg
    FB_IMG_1472939747621.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0160.JPG
    DSC_0160.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 142
Wow, those are monster! Have you ran those on 6s?

I run them on 4 or 5 and they do pretty well I've had some problems with the tires coming of the rims but some rtv has seemed to fix the problem I'm going to be getting some belted tires soon for some speed runs I use theses for my yard and the park

I just installed Trenchers 2.8 on my Slash....absolutely amazing. I would never use a bead lock on a basher. I will be putting 3.8 Trenchers on my Kraton, but I will be taping them on the inside. Badlands are small but are ok for some driving areas. I tend to like a big monstrous meaty tire on my RC's. They soak up all the abuse better.

Trenchers turned my Slash into a whole new vehicle. I used a set of 17MM hex wheels and mounted Trenchers....unreal combination compared to the 1/8 buggy wheels and Badlands I was running. It's got killer traction and just soaks up big air landings. It only makes sense to get a set for the Kraton. I'm going to keep the BadLands for a Senton or the Talion or some other 1/8th scale Truggy.

I love the Badlands and the Stock wheel tires the Kraton came with I like more....... but I feel Trenchers are what I will try next on the Kraton. I'm so glad I got them for my Slash....unreal this thing is with Trenchers on it. When you finally find the right combo for your rig....it's golden. It's amazing the difference it makes.

I found a few sets of tires I want to get they are a belted tire made by sweep racing good reviews no ballooning what so ever

Just blew out my new proline shockwaves. See front right tire. This now makes 225$ worth of prolines the Nero has overwhelmed. Super Swampers are done too. I reglued, used braided fishing line, taped two more Un assembled. Still no Bueno. Soo I just got a set of big joe2s and put em on the Kraton v2 for my 10 year old - he runs 4S. I also glued the BigJoe2s as well. I'm finding that gluing new sets help. I called Duratrax because I wanted to try the six pack 3.8s but they said they don't make anything for ARRMA. which is silly as s 17mm hex is just that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    339.4 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 82
Just blew out my new proline shockwaves. See front right tire. This now makes 225$ worth of prolines the Nero has overwhelmed. Super Swampers are done too. I reglued, used braided fishing line, taped two more Un assembled. Still no Bueno. Soo I just got a set of big joe2s and put em on the Kraton v2 for my 10 year old - he runs 4S. I also glued the BigJoe2s as well. I'm finding that gluing new sets help. I called Duratrax because I wanted to try the six pack 3.8s but they said they don't make anything for ARRMA. which is silly as s 17mm hex is just that.
Jeez...is that your kitchen loaded with RC's ? I love it !!!
Lol. That is my basement / mancave. I only started in December - bought Oliver a Redcat volcano and I started jogging the transmitter. I've bought 7 since. Last four have been 1/8 scale with the Kraton v2 for Oliver being the latest - 4S only as he's 10. Lol. Love this hobby. Hate buying endless sets of tires lol.

Try SRC belted tires....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back