Notorious Bean Basher build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bean

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
The start of a new era in the hobby for me.
I have ordered a lot, and everything has arrived, except for the Notorious itself. Nov. 29th!
I also still need a desk.

We'll see how it will go!

Awesome! Have fun. 👏
Hey glad to see you are here👍
The start of a new era in the hobby for me.
I have ordered a lot, and everything has arrived, except for the Notorious itself. Nov. 29th!
I also still need a desk.

We'll see how it will go!
Someone is getting an early Christmas 🎅

Have a suggestion for a desk / bench for you. Home Depot has Butcher Block tops that I use for a work desk and a hobby bench just give them a coat of Danish or tongue oil and then a coat of wax and you can get legs off amazon, have a way bigger surface, Nicer and cheaper than some prefab job, all in sub $400. Can't fin the legs I have but the ones linked will work. If you want to sand the top I would do 22 then 320 and call it good.

ETA: forgot to add I used lag bolts to fasten the legs to the top (pre drilled of course)

Top: https://www.homedepot.com/p/HARDWOO...utcher-Block-Countertop-1525HDRW-98/314316968

Legs: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VFK53T...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:
I just thought about getting a Linnmon for $25. I have a proper desk coming, but it's on a ship (I moved from NL)

Glad to hear your finally getting a Noto👍🏼 I absolutely love mine definitely one of my favorite rig to bash. Nothing but smiles ear to ear every pack I run through it!

Well, it still hasn't arrived. I've waited all day. I wonder where it is

Screenshot_20211129-164927_Chrome.jpg

Just my luck

It finally arrived! I had my frist run and will start doing mods and upgrades.
I need to align my front wheels, but I don't have the proper wrench (everything is in a shipping container for 1 more month). Could I use pliers with some tape so I don't damage the turnbuckles?
I will also swap out my diff fluids once my LHS has the 300k I ordered.
And my RC needs cooling. Is there any cheap mods I can do before buying a cooler/bigger motor? I could get a smaller pinion.

I'm not really practiced yet with this rig. Took me 5 hours to swap diff fluids!
Now I have the ever so popular 60k/300k/30k setup.
I also got a wrench and adjusted the toe. Now I have a slight toe in, like it should be.

How much shoe goo do you guys usually use for a Noto body? A Slash takes almost 2 tubes, but this body is smaller

Just had my first 'real' bash at a BMX track. It was muddy, and there was some other brown stuff 🙁.
I am amazed at how easy this thing is to handle. I didn't have to many bad landings, and did a ton of flips. It is impossible to roll over on flat surfaces. It gives a lot of confidence to go higher because of the great in-air handling.
I sprayed off the mud on everything except the electronics, so I hope all the 💩 is off of it

I broke the wing mount 😐, but that was expected.
I was always wondering how people broke their wing mount within 10 runs. Broke mine after 2 proper runs.

I ordered the 3DRC one, so it won't happen again for a while.

It was a great run, and I learned from it. I hit the ramp at an angle, and landed in the middle of a deep water puddle, while I was planning to try and keep it dry. I went out of it at full power. A little kid that was watching yelled to his mother:"it went into the water and didn't break!"😁
Always nice to entertain others too.

And I learned that small, smooth landings can be way more satisfying than landing a big send. So that'll save me some breakage.

I broke the wing mount 😐, but that was expected.
I was always wondering how people broke their wing mount within 10 runs. Broke mine after 2 proper runs.

I ordered the 3DRC one, so it won't happen again for a while.

It was a great run, and I learned from it. I hit the ramp at an angle, and landed in the middle of a deep water puddle, while I was planning to try and keep it dry. I went out of it at full power. A little kid that was watching yelled to his mother:"it went into the water and didn't break!"😁
Always nice to entertain others too.

And I learned that small, smooth landings can be way more satisfying than landing a big send. So that'll save me some breakage.
I managed to break mine on its maiden voyage while on 4s. hit a large simple transition at a skate park, overshot the landing, and boom goes the wheelie bar and one of the wing mounts. The wheelie bar is INSANELY expensive! One thing I hate about Arrma is that so many of their spares come in packs of useless parts that never break. Wish you could buy individual components so you can buy what you actually NEED. With my 3s cars, to replace a bumper support you have to buy the entire front and rear bumper assembly.

Was going to buy the 3drc but after shipping and tax, its no longer cheap, plus i still need a wheelie bar set so now I wait for JRC to stock up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back