Kraton Bearing diferantial failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I was outside testing my new servo when suddently my rear differantial once again gave up but not becaus eof my slipper clutch but because of the bearing who over heated and killed evrything.:c could this be covered by the warranty this ruined my day:c

Attachments

• IMG_0450.JPG
    IMG_0450.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 92
I was outside testing my new servo when suddently my rear differantial once again gave up but not becaus eof my slipper clutch but because of the bearing who over heated and killed evrything.:c could this be covered by the warranty this ruined my day:c
What's the life expectancy of a metal shielded bearing?

Well I don't know where you live I'm in the US. Links are suggestions not written in stone it's just a suggestion to go ahead and replace the stock bearings with a link to a kit with all the bearings even bearings to replacing the plastic bushings in the steering bellcrank. Take your chances with the stock bearings that's up to you. Get the bearings from wherever you like I think some cheap China rubber sealed bearings are better than what come stock in some Arrmas.

Well I don't know where you live I'm in the US. Links are suggestions not written in stone it's just a suggestion to go ahead and replace the stock bearings with a link to a kit with all the bearings even bearings to replacing the plastic bushings in the steering bellcrank. Take your chances with the stock bearings that's up to you. Get the bearings from wherever you like I think some cheap China rubber sealed bearings are better than what come stock in some Arrmas.
Sorry i did not want to be mean:c i live in canada and everything is more expensive here because of shipping

Looks like your bearing melted the yoke too. Get the HR metal yokes and some rubber sealed bearings.

Sorry i did not want to be mean:c i live in canada and everything is more expensive here because of shipping
Go on amazon I bought all the bearings I needed to replace them all 5 times for $80 Canadian all Chinese bearings rubber shielded.

Is this normal???

It can be but that pinion is pretty worn if you have not had that many runs on it. Quality of the material of the pinion can be poor dirt and debris can cause excessive wear. Pinion spur gear mesh could also be too tight. I would recommend getting the Hot Racing adj motor mount or the BLX adj motor mount to set your own mesh. Might also want to look at a hardened steel pinion.

It can be but that pinion is pretty worn if you have not had that many runs on it. Quality of the material of the pinion can be poor dirt and debris can cause excessive wear. Pinion spur gear mesh could also be too tight. I would recommend getting the Hot Racing adj motor mount or the BLX adj motor mount to set your own mesh. Might also want to look at a hardened steel pinion.
It feels so weong a 0.8 mod pinion meches with a mod 1 spur....

Is this safe to use? Or its trashed
Looks fine to me but not sure how long it will be before you break the motor mount or slipper housing. Something has to give. Either the spur, pinion, or the bearings could go. Maybe the slipper hub or the chassis tabs that hold the slipper assembly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back