Talion Bearing guide for 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Anyone willing to put together a quick vid on doing a bearing kit for the 6s line? Chose talion as the thread prefix only because the forums make you choose one, but they are all almost exactly the same. It's one of the few things out there that isn't on youtube and would be a great help to anyone tackling this as you have to access almost every part of the vehicle to replace them all.

Anyone willing to put together a quick vid on doing a bearing kit for the 6s line? Chose talion as the thread prefix only because the forums make you choose one, but they are all almost exactly the same. It's one of the few things out there that isn't on youtube and would be a great help to anyone tackling this as you have to access almost every part of the vehicle to replace them all.
Saw this for 3s/4s. Should be similar to 6s models

Sounds like a great idea. About to replace mine for the first time in 2 years of having them. Would for sure watch to learn the ins and outs.

Honestly the reason there isn't a good video for it is because the steps are basically: take every single thing apart and then replace the bearings.
It's a process for sure! The worst part is probably the steering assembly and second worst is the bearings for the diff input gear because those dang grub screws are put in with 4 trillion psi loctite. Definitely need to hit those with heat before doing em unless you wanna end up super depressed. If nobody's done it by the time I need to replace I'll do one and put it on my channel.

Honestly the reason there isn't a good video for it is because the steps are basically: take every single thing apart and then replace the bearings.
It's a process for sure! The worst part is probably the steering assembly and second worst is the bearings for the diff input gear because those dang grub screws are put in with 4 trillion psi loctite. Definitely need to hit those with heat before doing em unless you wanna end up super depressed. If nobody's done it by the time I need to replace I'll do one and put it on my channel.
It is pretty much a tear apart the entire truck job, and even that's not enough, tear apart and rebuild the diffs too. I did mine in sections, even though I had been doing a chassis swap, and even then their were some that I didn't get to for awhile due to the hub pin nut being stripped. I eventually got them all done, if you wanna start easy, do your steering rack posts. Replace the brass bushings, it's one of the only noticable upgrades a bearing kit offers.

That's why one would be so helpful as it's a pretty daunting task. Maybe not so much step by step instructions but a guideline of where to start and the easy order of replacing them, and where they all are so none are missed in the first go-through. ? and maybe which parts heat is necessary for the picture issues.

That's why one would be so helpful as it's a pretty daunting task. Maybe not so much step by step instructions but a guideline of where to start and the easy order of replacing them, and where they all are so none are missed in the first go-through. ? and maybe which parts heat is necessary for the picture issues.
Agree it would be helpful for some but the problem is just that unlike a shock rebuild or a diff shim its not a frequent event and it requires a lot of work and also the timing needs to be right or else someone is tearing their whole truck down for no reason. And honestly the manual is probably just as good if not better than a video guide because you can see it all at once. I'll totally do it since it will help people that haven't done it before but I'm not gonna do it until I need to so it's probably gonna be like March after the winter funk ruins the bearings I have in now.

For the most part they are the same as every other rc. Pretty much everywhere there is a bearing in the 3s models expect there to be a bearing in its counterpart on the 6s models. Ie wheel hubs, diffs, gearbox cases and steering bellcrank.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back