Bearing help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roondog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Any tips or tricks to remove this bearing? I couldn't find anything in the forum or videos on this specifically.

Attachments

• B56D9DC6-395E-4E2C-BDB0-E5611BDFBECD.jpeg
    B56D9DC6-395E-4E2C-BDB0-E5611BDFBECD.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 70
I've done it a few times, but none of them were easy. I tried a screwdriver but that seems a little rough on the parts. After that I started using a metal scraper like this - https://www.amazon.com/Red-Devil-42...nters+tool&dpPl=1&dpID=41cgI4sGSyL&ref=plSrch - that I had on the work bench. Insert, gently pry, turn, repeat. Pain in the arse. I put a little oil on it too, but that didn't make a notable difference. If you find a better way, make sure and post it up!

Yeah if anyone knows a tool or something, I ended up busting the bearing and then tore up the gear tryin to get it off, ended up buying a new gear with stock bearings and threw that on for now.

Once you get it started you could use a piece of metal with a "U" shape cut out big enough for the shaft to slide into from the side. Insert between the bearing and the gear and tap with a hammer... man that seems like a lot of work... maybe just order new stuff and drink beer while watching delivery notices...

It is going to go back in for now. I'll add the part to my shopping list. I'm sure I'll want to change all the plastic gears out at some point.

Patience. It’s just a female dog to remove. Once you get it away from the gear it gets easier.

Might work problem is the gear is plastic … :\ Anyone know any metal gears for this car?

I think Arrma has them in the works. Are you worried about breaking the teeth? The chances are slim to none on stock power.

It's a slide fit, and not a press fit. Therefore using two small flat screwdrivers, pry the inner race at 180 degrees apart. No need for fancy tooling.. just a little patience :)

Attachments

• B56D9DC6-395E-4E2C-BDB0-E5611BDFBECD.jpeg
    B56D9DC6-395E-4E2C-BDB0-E5611BDFBECD.jpeg
    541.9 KB · Views: 44
I think Arrma has them in the works. Are you worried about breaking the teeth? The chances are slim to none on stock power.

Only worried about breaking it when tryin to remove those damn bearings, I actually dropped down to 2s with my brcc cuz my duratrax wheels balloon like crazy on 3s but not at all on 2s and its still plenty fast enough.

It's a slide fit, and not a press fit. Therefore using two small flat screwdrivers, pry the inner race at 180 degrees apart. No need for fancy tooling.. just a little patience :)

I used a paint can opener which helped quite a bit without gouging the gear like a flatehead screw driver.

Attachments

• EABFE539-9C36-4104-91A6-2C3271E0893D.jpeg
    EABFE539-9C36-4104-91A6-2C3271E0893D.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 32
I use a blade from a hobby knife (the back square end) and just go around gradually. If you slot it between the bearing and gear just twist the blade away from you and it will lift the bearing to get it going

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back