Kraton Bearing List (**UPDATED**)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
EDITED

I put together a list of the bearing that are needed for the new Kraton 8S:

8x16x5 quantity 2 (center gearbox gears)
6x16x5 quantity 1 (center gearbox gears)
17x26x5 quantity 4 (axle stubs)
12x24x6 quantity 10 (axle stubs and differentials)
15x26x7 quantity 4 (front and rear diff bulkhead)
6x10x3 quantity 4 (steering assembly - does not replace the bushings on the posts)
6x12x4 quantity 1 (servo saver)

I am not sure of the size for the steering posts exits. It would have to be 6x8x5 and you would need 4.

I ordered the bearings from Fast Eddy's with the exception of the following:

15x26x7 - these are really big bearings and they are expensive. I ordered 4 from VXB and with shipping they were close to $60.

6x16x5 - I got these from Jim's Bearings. FE only had them in metal shielded.

Last edited:
I put together a list of the bearing that are needed for the new Kraton 8S:

8x16x5 quantity 3 (center gearbox gears)

I am not sure if the size for the steering posts exits. It would have to be 6x8x5 and you would need 4.

I tried to order everything from Fast Eddy but they do not carry the 15x26x7 bearings for the front and rear bulkheads. I tried Jims but couldn't find them there either. If someone could post a link for them I would really like to get these ordered. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/15267-2RS-Bearing-15x26x7-Sealed-Bearings/dp/B00IK4NHMQ
https://www.amazon.com/15267-2RS-Rubber-Bearing-Machine-15x26x7/dp/B07K2Q9P2P

Drive those bearings till they explode. (y)I would do that. The RC bearing companies will soon offer some options. :) Are the stock ones also shielded like the other Arrma's? These new bearings are rather large. They are used in power tools and bicycles being much larger, They might actually be much more durable than we think.

I just ordered a stainless set for my k6s from Jim’s and I’ve been emailing back and forth with him asking questions. He is putting together a stainless set for my K8S also. He said it will be about $76 I also made him aware that the input side of the hot racing bulkheads on the 6s models has a larger bearing. He said thanks I hadn’t caught that yet.

Drive those bearings till they explode. (y)I would do that. The RC bearing companies will soon offer some options. :) Are the stock ones also shielded like the other Arrma's?
Yes. They seem pretty decent too. All were spinnng freely when I inspected them and remember I ran the truck in the snow.

Yes. They seem pretty decent too. All were spinnng freely when I inspected them and remember I ran the truck in the snow.
This is why I’m going stainless ?

FYI, two brand new "DSM Offroad" brand Inner hub bearings (15x21x4mm) on my 6S Kr. exploded just doing some speed runs. They locked up and blew apart, seals and all. They appeared dry with no lube in them. I am happier with the Fasteddy's and RBRC bearings so far. I'll skip the DSM's in the future. DSM's seem to be more popular with Crawler segment.

FYI, two brand new "DSM Offroad" brand Inner hub bearings (15x21x4mm) on my 6S Kr. exploded just doing some speed runs. They locked up and blew apart, seals and all. They appeared dry with no lube in them. I am happier with the Fasteddy's and RBRC bearings so far. I'll skip the DSM's in the future. DSM's seem to be more popular with Crawler segment.
I believe most bearings you will have to oil yourself, they ship them just barely lubricated to not go bad on the shelves. I could be wrong, I oil mine up when new as a precaution.

8x16x5 quantity 3 (center gearbox gears)

I am not sure if the size for the steering posts exits. It would have to be 6x8x5 and you would need 4.
TowerHobbies always specifies bearing sizes for the kits they sell, and they say 6x10x3mm for the steering.

They also specify a 6x16x5 for the spur gear?

TowerHobbies always specifies bearing sizes for the kits they sell, and they say 6x10x3mm for the steering.

They also specify a 6x16x5 for the spur gear?
I goofed on the transmission case bearings. I stated you need three (3) 8x16x5 bearings. You actually need two (2) 8x16x5 bearings and one (1) 6x16x5. My apologies. I will edit the original list. I'm still looking into the steering posts. I don't know how Tower came up with that considering there aren't any bearing there to begin with.

From what I understand ceramic dosesn’t do well under heavy bashing....
The shock of hard hits destroys them

From what I understand ceramic dosesn’t do well under heavy bashing....
It was a joke. Those are $70 each. You can get a Kraton 6s for the cost of 8 of these bearings ?

I didn’t pick up on that ???
Email Jim’s he putting together a stainless kit for mine, like $76 he said.
Btw: nice tear down vid!

Jim's is willing to do that. Nice.
SS all the way. SS bearings in general have slightly lower spec. tolerance than Chromium according to the Bearing Industry. But the SS last longer in harsher dirty/wet environments. Ceramics are just not practical for mainstream RC. Tests were done with Ceramics on Bicycles and there was no big advantage in durability. Ceramics work best in very clean environments. I got a set of VXB bearings for the Jockey wheels on my Cannondale bike rear Derailler SRAM S-7. They were great and so much better for almost a year and then just imploded. Yet a derailler has very little load on a bike. But the dirt and water combined destroyed them. Ceramics run so well that a lube actually limits the performance. Ceramics run cooler without a lube. Hybrid Ceramics bb (ceramic balls with steel races) are a waste also.

I believe most bearings you will have to oil yourself, they ship them just barely lubricated to not go bad on the shelves. I could be wrong, I oil mine up when new as a precaution.
15x21x4 mm bearings are hard to re-grease or oil unlike the rest of the bearings. The seals are very narrow and tight. Removing them bricks the seals. And there is little room for grease volume as well. Its just a bad size bearing for the inner hubs. And simply placing a drop of oil on a sealed bearing doesn't penetrate and lube that bearing.The DSM's were all lubed out the box. I spun them up on a drill to loosen and distribute the lube and inspect for defects when new before installing. A defective bearing will usually show up by doing this first. RBRC's owner spoke with me and said to also spin them up first. He said don't clean and remove the installed grease. That it is a quality grease that cant be sourced at retail. He said it can be done when you need to clean and service them. And said use a quality oil when you do. And not too much. Removing and reinstalling seals in general more than once is not recommended. They distort and deform. Then the seals rub the cage and you have a poor spinning bearing. Standard bearing kits are cheap. I just replace as needed most of the time. Not worth the maintenance time that's involved. On rare occasions I will open them up to salvage one that I don't have extras of.
A quality grease or lube will not go bad on the inventory shelf. But some of the "China Grease" we find in all things RC is really crap. Its more like animal fat wax that hardens and ruins real fast.(y)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back