Kraton Bearing List (**UPDATED**)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed a bearing guys. It's the one that sits in the servo saver. I updated the original post. 6x12x4 quantity 1.

20191206_164441.jpg
20191206_164450.jpg
20191206_164503.jpg

I ordered bearings today from random sources that were at least decent quality on Amazon prime so I'll be doing the majority of bearings later this week. I don't think I'll be doing the steering rack ones, but will do all the others.

I ordered bearings today from random sources that were at least decent quality on Amazon prime so I'll be doing the majority of bearings later this week. I don't think I'll be doing the steering rack ones, but will do all the others.
I changed them all but did not replace the bushings.

FYI, two brand new "DSM Offroad" brand Inner hub bearings (15x21x4mm) on my 6S Kr. exploded just doing some speed runs. They locked up and blew apart, seals and all. They appeared dry with no lube in them. I am happier with the Fasteddy's and RBRC bearings so far. I'll skip the DSM's in the future. DSM's seem to be more popular with Crawler segment.
I've seen mixed reviews on the DSM Off road bearings

Hey just an fyi for anyone doing their bearings. The proximal input gear bearing cavity seems to have much tighter tolerances on both f/r diffs. Use something like a socket that is just a tad larger than the outer race so that if you have to tap it in gently with a mallet you can do so evenly around the outer race and not damage the inner race or the shield.

When doing my bearings tonight, out of all the bearings only the center diff bearings, distal front input gear bearing, and little servo alignment bearing were in acceptable condition. Every other bearing was seized. So it looks like even these big metal shielded bearings can suffer the same rapid death of the 6s bearings if you get in any moisture. All good now though!

Guys... I think you all are paying to much for your bearings!!!

One sealed bearing of the size for a Kraton 8S shouldn’t cost you more then 2~3 euro each!

Guys... I think you all are paying to much for your bearings!!!

One sealed bearing of the size for a Kraton 8S shouldn’t cost you more then 2~3 euro each!

1ioqv5.jpg

EDITED

I put together a list of the bearing that are needed for the new Kraton 8S:

8x16x5 quantity 2 (center gearbox gears)
6x16x5 quantity 1 (center gearbox gears)
17x26x5 quantity 4 (axle stubs)
12x24x6 quantity 10 (axle stubs and differentials)
15x26x7 quantity 4 (front and rear diff bulkhead)
6x10x3 quantity 4 (steering assembly - does not replace the bushings on the posts)
6x12x4 quantity 1 (servo saver)

I am not sure of the size for the steering posts exits. It would have to be 6x8x5 and you would need 4.

I ordered the bearings from Fast Eddy's with the exception of the following:

15x26x7 - these are really big bearings and they are expensive. I ordered 4 from VXB and with shipping they were close to $60.

6x16x5 - I got these from Jim's Bearings. FE only had them in metal shielded.
Do you by chance know what size it the 1250kv motor bearings are?

Do you by chance know what size it the 1250kv motor bearings are?
Oops wrong link give me one minute.

-edit- Well crap now I cannot find the thread where someone posted the size of the bearings.

Last edited:
Why are people replacing the included bearings? Anything specific that makes them unsuitable? Has the EXB changed anything in the robustness of the included bearings?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back