Typhon Bearing list

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Has anyone got a full bearing list to the Typhon 6S V4

Fasteddy list this but heard some suggest it’s incomplete

• (10) 8x16x5 Ceramic
  • (2) 8x19x6 Ceramic
  • (4) 15x21x4 Ceramic
  • (2) 5x11x4 Ceramic
  • (4) 6x10x3 Ceramic
Guess it’s missing the steering bearings what else?

You might be talking about 2 bearings in the steering plate under the step screws instead of the plastic bushings that come stock. The Fast Eddy set comes with all bearings except those 2. I'm not sure about the Typhon, but if it's the same plate as the Noto/Outcast then the ones you want are the 4x7x2.5 flanged bearings.
These
https://www.fasteddybearings.com/4x7x2-5-flanged-rubber-sealed-bearing-mf74-2rs/

Last edited:

How important is it to replace the steering bushes, straight away or once they start to fail?

Have seen quite a few places do replacement steering plate/rack is this an important upgrade or do you just swap out the bushes for bearings?

How important is it to replace the steering bushes, straight away or once they start to fail?

Have seen quite a few places do replacement steering plate/rack is this an important upgrade or do you just swap out the bushes for bearings?

The single most important thing for me is end point adjustment. Doesn’t matter how smooth the steering is if you’re cranking your servo past all the way.

The replacement steering rack plates are either because they bend when crashed, or more options for ackerman adjustment.

Honestly I don't think the bushings need to be changed whatsoever in the rack, or stands. We are talking slight pivot points, not high speed rotational like a driveshaft or diff.

As long as they are not damaged or binding- they are doing the job. I'd even say it is more likely to gum up a bearing with grit than the bushing anyway.

The 4 bushings in the bell crank that come with the bearing kits you should probably replace. The 2 in the plate aren't necessary but they're there so I replaced them when I changed my plate.

I did some reading on this due to wondering why the big names use lower ABEC rated parts. There is a pretty legit reason why big bearing suppliers like Jims and Eddies went with ABEC-3 over ABEC-5 or higher. These RCs are running in the dirt and are going to get junk past the seal and mixed into the grease/oil. You do not want the ultra tight clearances of ABEC 5,7,9 in that scenario.
It is also worth noting that the higher rated/precision bearings are not faster or stronger in any way. Just tighter clearances so you might see less wiggle in the bearing.

The ABEC-7 ceramics I have from a speed run build are fastest when dry with no oils or grease at all.

-Liberty

Dredging another old thread,

I am not going to get into the technical, personal thoughts on bearings, its kinda like religion as is Engine oil and so many other things nowadays.

Just wanted to let everyone know about this business in Australia, who do ARRMA as well as a few other manufacturers of RC 4 wheel machines.
Pricing is pretty good i thought in Aud, i will fit these and keep the stock as spares on my Typhon build using the pro race ceramic version with ceramics on the driveline, ABEC 7 with ptfe seals at the hubs at just under $80 Aud. Full Ceramic kits are available for the Typhon at a freckle under $120Aud for the roadies and probably many other types but i did not look, so check out the menu on the links from the home page , just another option out there is all, i have never tried ebay, fast eddy or others and chose to support Ozzie business for a change.

https://plaig.com.au/product/arrma-typhon-6s-buggy-bearing-kits-all-options/?v=6cc98ba2045f

I am just tired of sourcing everything from OS and freight is always a killer and almost deal breaker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back