Outcast Bearing location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomSema

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Changed all the bearings in my 4s outcast but there was one bearing in the kit marked 10x15F. Where this bearing fit? Location is bellow.

4D73E756-734A-4E54-B5B6-704B3F6BAC19.jpeg

I'm pretty sure there are no flanged bearings in the 3s and 4s line.. so my guess would be that it made it into the kit accidentally...

Arrma rarely uses flanged bearings. They are rare to find in any kit these days. Have you checked the slipper?? I've seen them on slipper clutches . Could be just an extra one by mistake.
Bearings are usually located in paired sets for a given location. One extra single unexplained bearing may point to a part that only needs one. Usually a slipper or driveline part. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Just re-examine the blow up diagram or call the Bearing Company if you are curious enough. I would if I was you. You got me curious also.(y)

Last edited:
I new it was the "Slipper". Good find.(y) Slippers are often overlooked. And usually flanged. I have all 6S Arrmas. So I don't have any hands on with this rig. :)

I got the Jims kit for Outcast 4s, I have 3 left over, one very large, which I think may be for the optional stabilizer on the center shaft. The other 2 are tiny, and someone mentioned he includes motor shaft bearings, not sure if those are the ones.

I got the Jims kit for Outcast 4s, I have 3 left over, one very large, which I think may be for the optional stabilizer on the center shaft. The other 2 are tiny, and someone mentioned he includes motor shaft bearings, not sure if those are the ones.
Usually Jims bearing will send the additional motor bearings if you select to include them at time of purchase. Depends on the Rig in question I imagine. Maybe that's why you have them? I did not know that the drive shaft stabilizer bearing was optional?

The large one is for the center shaft that would be needed for the center shaft support in the LWB chassis. The two smalls one go inside the diff in between the two diff outputs. IMHO you don't really need to change those (not right away anyway).

The large one is for the center shaft that would be needed for the center shaft support in the LWB chassis. The two smalls one go inside the diff in between the two diff outputs. IMHO you don't really need to change those (not right away anyway).
Where you been? We needed you here. (y) :)

Changed all the bearings in my 4s outcast but there was one bearing in the kit marked 10x15F. Where this bearing fit? Location is bellow.

View attachment 61688
Did you end up changing the motor bearings? I just replaced all of mine as well but didn't mess with the motor ones, I opened it up and it looked really clean, didn't wanna pull it apart if I didn't have to.

Did you end up changing the motor bearings? I just replaced all of mine as well but didn't mess with the motor ones, I opened it up and it looked really clean, didn't wanna pull it apart if I didn't have to.
You were 90% there, should have changed out the motor's bearings. The stocks may look clean but they aren't all that. Imo. ?

You were 90% there, should have changed out the motor's bearings. The stocks may look clean but they aren't all that. Imo. ?
Yeah, my kid really wanted to take it out, Ill be switching to the LWB here soon so I will do it then, how difficult was it to remove?

Motor bearings can be tugged out with the end of the armature pulling them. slight learning curve. But not hard. Opening the motor, taking out the motor, adjusting pinion mesh etc is the time consuming part. That's the only reason I said to change them out, while you are in there already. But she runs fine. No problem of course. With motor bearings you want to change them out before they get bricked. Or you end up bricking the armature which means a new motor replacement. Brushless motors are fairly maintenance free, except for the bearings which need attention. I will open an otherwise good running motor to inspect it. If I don't change out the bearings, at minimum, I will add a drop of bearing oil to each bearing before I close up the motor can. The stock bearings have been a problem for some on this motor. Perhaps there is little to no lube in them causing the problem for some. this is common with the cheaper stock bearings in all RC rigs. Even with a new set of bearings a drop oil on them is a good practice. So changing out the bearings earlier than later will prevent a bricked armature. Just a heads up so you know what you are dealing with. Just some tips. Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
If you want to remove the endcap bearing use bread and push it in the the bearing hole and keep compressing it with the shaft
Works like magic thats the only way to take it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back