Kraton Bearing oil or marine grease???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My car now when neutral rolls like i did not even have a motor inside the car its insane but im a bit worried since i did this specially on the diff bearings. Winder is coming soon and snow too but i will only run on hardsnow i domt want to tear down my car apart. My rear diff is leaking a bit nothing awful and the bearings pretty sure is full of diff oil but should i use marine grease or 10k diff oil like i was doing before? Because im so scared to rely on mineral oil who doesn't feel like an oil at all because my mind thinks oil=slipery as hell. I took the clear bearing oil instead of the yellowish bearing oil who was labeled as heavy bearing oil at my hoby shop and it had 10'times more oil for the price. I don't want my main bearings of the diff to overheat and cause the diff yokes to melt.(i opened my fromt diff to clean everything and used green slime to stop the leaks from the orings. Before they were always covered in oil(the bearings). So what should i do? This stresses me so much
You have to understand i burned 4 diffs because of stupid white lithium grease in the pass and one was due to a seized stock bearing and metled the plastic yoke causing miss alighment in the diff and made it fail. I don't know but wasting 80$ on diffs is quite frustrating like really annoying

I don't understand what part you are asking to lube? Are you asking about bearings, inside the diff, outside the diff, what?

Orings of the diff
Im talking about the bearings on both side of the diff and i have sealed bearings

I just replace them when they get crunchy. Too much work to take apart the seals, spray out the old stuff with motor spray, and then re-oil. For $1, I just toss them and replace.

Yeah but i don't have brand new bearings if i want new ones its 16$ Here
And my front bearings feel crunchy now i will out heavier oil inside

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back