Bearing oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
What’s a good bearing oil to use? Looking for something thin to use on bearings on my Granite Build.

Bashing. Want some decent though.
Something decent!

A light/medium grease is more appropriate for off road. Oil doesn't work well in dirty environments. And needs to be constantly cleaned out and re-oiled. Or you are just spinning your wheels. :LOL: If you are Racing at clean tracks, oil becomes an advantage. Hopefully you are using Upgraded sealed bearings as well. Don't overfill with grease. It will actually over heat the bearings from friction of galling at the bearing races, and blow out and come apart. 1/3 fill. (a few dabs) Oil on the motor bearings is fine. Trinity and Avid have great bearing oils. But I don't use designer lubes because they are overpriced for the quantity you get. They are just repurposed lubes in tiny amounts. I use SuperLube grease and oil. (Teflon) Waterproof synthetic. Its not too thick, so it flows well in high and low temps. Much cheaper IMO. The amount you get will last years. Others may chime in with their ideas and concoctions. Good luck.

Last edited:
Mobil-1 in all my 1:1 cars. Since it was introduced in 1976. I was using M1 grease and 5w30 in my RC track cars for many years also. Excellent recommendation also, and readily available. Another option. I think M1 has better shear strength. Definitely exceeds RC requirements for sure.(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back