BLX Bearings change and maintenance

Thread starter #1

Raji

Arrma RC's
Outcast
When do I nee to change the bearings? Is there any signs I need to look for?

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
If they don't feel smooth when you spin them. If they feel crunchy or feel choppy when you spin them. Remove the bearing, clean with brake clean until it moves smoothly, oil it well and make sure it spins nice.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
@Raji I agree with @Paultro84. If after cleaning they still don't feel right then replace them.

Bearings are pretty inexpensive so I tend not spending too much time trying to revive old bearings.

Paultro84

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
Outcast
Put your bearings in a little plastic cup or something and spray brake clean until there is a small puddle in the cup. Then just keep swashing them around and pulling them out to spin them. If the brake clean looks dirty, dump it out, wipe the cup clean and repeat. Sometimes it takes quite a few times of gently shaking the cup around and dumping out the brake clean before they start moving freely. Once there's no more dirt coming out of them and they move freely, oil them up and they're good to go.

Thread starter #5

Raji

Arrma RC's
Outcast
If they don't feel smooth when you spin them. If they feel crunchy or feel choppy when you spin them. Remove the bearing, clean with brake clean until it moves smoothly, oil it well and make sure it spins nice.
Thanks

Thread starter #6

Raji

Arrma RC's
Outcast
@Raji I agree with @Paultro84. If after cleaning they still don't feel right then replace them.

Bearings are pretty inexpensive so I tend not spending too much time trying to revive old bearings.
I agree with you. But sometimes it's fun