Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

BLX Bearings change and maintenance

Discussion in 'Build logs & Tips' started by Raji, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Raji

Raji Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    When do I nee to change the bearings? Is there any signs I need to look for?

2. Paultro84

Paultro84 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    If they don't feel smooth when you spin them. If they feel crunchy or feel choppy when you spin them. Remove the bearing, clean with brake clean until it moves smoothly, oil it well and make sure it spins nice.

Raji and Iamtheoutcast like this.
  3. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

@Raji I agree with @Paultro84. If after cleaning they still don't feel right then replace them.

Bearings are pretty inexpensive so I tend not spending too much time trying to revive old bearings.

Raji likes this.
  4. Paultro84

Paultro84 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    Put your bearings in a little plastic cup or something and spray brake clean until there is a small puddle in the cup. Then just keep swashing them around and pulling them out to spin them. If the brake clean looks dirty, dump it out, wipe the cup clean and repeat. Sometimes it takes quite a few times of gently shaking the cup around and dumping out the brake clean before they start moving freely. Once there's no more dirt coming out of them and they move freely, oil them up and they're good to go.

Raji likes this.
  5. Raji

Raji Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    Thanks

6. Raji

Raji Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    I agree with you. But sometimes it's fun

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer