Bearings change and maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
When do I nee to change the bearings? Is there any signs I need to look for?

If they don't feel smooth when you spin them. If they feel crunchy or feel choppy when you spin them. Remove the bearing, clean with brake clean until it moves smoothly, oil it well and make sure it spins nice.

Put your bearings in a little plastic cup or something and spray brake clean until there is a small puddle in the cup. Then just keep swashing them around and pulling them out to spin them. If the brake clean looks dirty, dump it out, wipe the cup clean and repeat. Sometimes it takes quite a few times of gently shaking the cup around and dumping out the brake clean before they start moving freely. Once there's no more dirt coming out of them and they move freely, oil them up and they're good to go.

If they don't feel smooth when you spin them. If they feel crunchy or feel choppy when you spin them. Remove the bearing, clean with brake clean until it moves smoothly, oil it well and make sure it spins nice.

Thanks

@Raji I agree with @Paultro84. If after cleaning they still don't feel right then replace them.

Bearings are pretty inexpensive so I tend not spending too much time trying to revive old bearings.
I agree with you. But sometimes it's fun

I found out that I have to many blessings ??

I cleaned them all and greased them. ??

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_123922.jpg
    IMG_20200423_123922.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 50
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back