Kraton Bearings coming out of hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello everyone , since fitting the awesome M2C double nut wheel holder , the bearings are coming out of the hubs , what are you lads fitting to stop this please or what have I missed , cheers
F64D8441-3DB9-49D6-8D72-8B0F882D89C5.jpeg

You have mismatched Axels and M2C Hex adapters. Yeah too much slop there for sure.
Been there. Those hex adapters are for the narrow hubs? As found on the Mojave and Typhon, and 6s Senton for instance. These use a narrower, different size axels.
Just my thoughts.
Maybe others can confirm this also.:cool:

thats awesome , thank you , makes sense for me to get the wrong ones , will sling a washer in there to hold the bearing back . thank you Both

i have this same issue on my typhon 3s after i swapped some parts. I ordered some shims to try and fix it not sure if it'll work yet, but it should it bugs the heck out of me
Yea I also shim my outer BB's just to remove inherent out the box axel slop.
But the slop that the OP has here is clearly too much. Because of a mismatch of parts. Shimming will require way too many shims. The outer BB will not be seated well enough within the hub. I never add more than 2 or rarely 3 shims at most. OP will need more than that. Not correct IMHO.
Just my spin.

Yea I also shim my outer BB's just to remove inherent out the box axel slop.
But the slop that the OP has here is clearly too much. Because of a mismatch of parts. Shimming will require way too many shims. The outer BB will not be seated well enough within the hub. I never add more than 2 or rarely 3 shims at most. OP will need more than that. Not correct IMHO.
Just my spin.
I must agree as that is considerably more than what I have

^^^ Yeah, 6s rigs have Pivot ball hubs and are different. There are different size axel lengths and Hubs depending on the rig in question. Like approx. 3-5 mm difference with them. Doesn't seem like much, but matters. Shimming that much is NG, just works against you.
It is all too easy to mismatch parts. I have run into this before.

Cheers everyone , I ordered Mojave wheel bits and I got a kraton , was thinking Mojave cos the chassis , but fear not , found some 8mm washers which fit a treat , problem solved , not tight and a little play

FB4549D9-FC58-4E47-B0A5-6798686174E5.jpeg

If that works, give it a try. Yeah, need a tick of axial play. Make sure the spacer is only touching the Inner race of the outer hub bearing. Not outer race or hub. This is what matters most.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back