Bearings for the 6s Ackerman bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
🤔 So…is steering part of suspension?
Okay I’ve been working on putting bearings in the Ackerman bar. Finally got it and works very well. I’m doing this for an m2c bar which is thicker then stock. Used the stock shoulder screws to secure.

4x7x2.5 flanged bearings
4x7x.08 washers

I used the below. Not the best bearings but this was an experiment and they are better then the stock bushings at least. The bearing pops in from below and set a single washer on top. Smooth and no play.
Yup I’m happy 😃

08CFADED-13C5-439E-866A-36551737481F.png

02F28B4F-0C49-4138-9AFE-B0814CCE8DB9.png

5F746BA0-CA8A-4B08-AF3B-E7535C6B1316.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! I got the Scorched titanium Ackerman and flanged bearings in my Infraction and it definitely tightened up a little more slop in the steering assembly. I think it was worth it too (y)
Thanks man! It was fun also, I love figuring out stuff like this. Oooo titanium, my favorite metal 🤤 Got several ounces of it holding my neck, shoulder and knee together, along with some good old surgical stainless steel and mytek staples.

Thanks man! It was fun also, I love figuring out stuff like this. Oooo titanium, my favorite metal 🤤 Got several ounces of it holding my neck, shoulder and knee together, along with some good old surgical stainless steel and mytek staples.
I feel ya bro, I'm a jerry rigger at heart too. My best friend and I love going to OBI (German equivalent of Home Depot) and peruse the aisles for hours not looking for anything specific, but with various projects and sub-projects in the back of our mind scanning the shelves for things that can be used "off label" for a purpose it wasn't designed for. I'm glad the modern world has invented alloys like titanium and SS so that you may function properly and be part of this wacky thing called life and enriching this forum. Rock on and keep figuring sh!t out🤘!!

I feel ya bro, I'm a jerry rigger at heart too. My best friend and I love going to OBI (German equivalent of Home Depot) and peruse the aisles for hours not looking for anything specific, but with various projects and sub-projects in the back of our mind scanning the shelves for things that can be used "off label" for a purpose it wasn't designed for. I'm glad the modern world has invented alloys like titanium and SS so that you may function properly and be part of this wacky thing called life and enriching this forum. Rock on and keep figuring sh!t out🤘!!
Yeah…and doctors to install this crazy apparatus during a 12 hour surgery 😳

7AD6D049-C08D-41EE-ACB8-0EFAE155D204.jpeg

A72D1586-9C25-4131-AD0F-00755CB1A220.jpeg

BA96D9DD-331D-4F7A-8E9C-C4164827F9B7.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s a better bearing option if you ever need one. Didn’t k ow you also had to run a washer so thanks for posting this.

https://www.avidrc.com/product/1/bearings/119/4x7x25-Flanged-Metal-MF74ZZ-bearings.html
Thanks man. There were many options for bearings and I simply chose the cheapest and quickest to arrive because it was an experiment. It’s a relatively low cycle, low impact area so the average grade metal shielded bearings i used should hold up fine for awhile.

I use a single washer on top of the bearing to fill the gap and it works fantastic. When I eventually pull apart my new Kraton to add a few upgrades I’m going to see if I can get it to work on a basher queen carbon fiber Ackerman bar. It was a fun experiment that I’m thrilled to say worked exactly as I pictured in my mind it would. This rarely happens so I smiled big time.
Here’s a pic with the washer.

Attachments

• 4F549543-3549-4043-8B99-CEFAA6C2EF28.jpeg
    4F549543-3549-4043-8B99-CEFAA6C2EF28.jpeg
    704.9 KB · Views: 58
Anyone know the size for the bearings on the steering posts under the steering rack? 6s

Anyone know the size for the bearings on the steering posts under the steering rack? 6s
Found it

6x10x3mm. ARA610050

Last edited:
Thanks man. There were many options for bearings and I simply chose the cheapest and quickest to arrive because it was an experiment. It’s a relatively low cycle, low impact area so the average grade metal shielded bearings i used should hold up fine for awhile.

I use a single washer on top of the bearing to fill the gap and it works fantastic. When I eventually pull apart my new Kraton to add a few upgrades I’m going to see if I can get it to work on a basher queen carbon fiber Ackerman bar. It was a fun experiment that I’m thrilled to say worked exactly as I pictured in my mind it would. This rarely happens so I smiled big time.
Here’s a pic with the washer.

I’ve got a Basherqueen Ackerman bar and those Avid bearings. When I’m back in town I try them out and let you know.

I was gonna post in your other thread about how idk how that guy got all the 3mm washers and screws to work and idk how he got the 3x6x2.5mm flanged bearing to work either.

I was gonna post in your other thread about how idk how that guy got all the 3mm washers and screws to work and idk how he got the 3x6x2.5mm flanged bearing to work either.
I saw your post and that process seemed complicated. I think it worked so easy for me because I’m using the thicker m2c Acreman bar. Might not have the same results trying A thinner one like stock or EXB. I’m hoping it works with the BQ carbon fiber one because I believe that’s on the thicker side like M2C. I actually have one, just need to not be lazy and pull it out and test 🤣

I saw your post and that process seemed complicated. I think it worked so easy for me because I’m using the thicker m2c Acreman bar. Might not have the same results trying A thinner one like stock or EXB. I’m hoping it works with the BQ carbon fiber one because I believe that’s on the thicker side like M2C. I actually have one, just need to not be lazy and pull it out and test 🤣
It's not that it's complicated, it is that what he said he did just can not work the bearing is too small for starters.

It's not that it's complicated, it is that what he said he did just can not work the bearing is too small for starters.
I didn’t mean in general complicated but in relation to a bearing, washer and using the stock screws it is. But yeah I get you. I’m just happy it worked.

🤔 So…is steering part of suspension?
Okay I’ve been working on putting bearings in the Ackerman bar. Finally got it and works very well. I’m doing this for an m2c bar which is thicker then stock. Used the stock shoulder screws to secure.

4x7x2.5 flanged bearings
4x7x.08 washers

I used the below. Not the best bearings but this was an experiment and they are better then the stock bushings at least. The bearing pops in from below and set a single washer on top. Smooth and no play.
Yup I’m happy 😃

View attachment 221449

View attachment 221450

View attachment 221451
Smooth as butter and completely tight… yeaaa.. 😎 NICE FIX MAN!

Smooth as butter and completely tight… yeaaa.. 😎 NICE FIX MAN!
Thanks!! It really is a good and simple mod. I have a basher Queen Ackerman bar for my Kraton I’m gonna try it out on down the line. I think it’ll just come down to needing one more or one less washer or maybe a thinner washer I’m not sure yet.

I have not tried it on a stock Ackerman yet. When I start working on the basher Queen one I will test it out on a stock one I have and update results here. If I have an EXB one I’ll test it as well. It may take a little while as I’m recovering from surgery but I will get to it eventually.

🤔 forgot to update this. I did the stock Ackerman bar bearings on my Notorious before I put a BQ bar in. It worked fine…think maybe I didn’t need the washer or something but it worked fine

🤔 forgot to update this. I did the stock Ackerman bar bearings on my Notorious before I put a BQ bar in. It worked fine…think maybe I didn’t need the washer or something but it worked fine
With just the bearings?

With just the bearings?
Ugh…I didn’t take notes and my memory is failing. I will check on it soon because I have an extra stock Ackerman bar that I ran across yesterday.

Back