Outcast Bearings for the Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwblue00

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm going to order bearings for my outcast from Avid racing. Are the bearings the same for the Kraton, talion, and typhon? Reason I'm asking is because they don't specificly list the Outcast. Thanks!

I'm going to order bearings for my outcast from Avid racing. Are the bearings the same for the Kraton, talion, and typhon? Reason I'm asking is because they don't specificly list the Outcast. Thanks!
Yes, the bearings are the same. The Outcast is basically a short wheelbase Kraton.

They're all the same quantity and size between those models

10) 8mm x 16mm x 5mm
4) 15mm x 21mm x 4mm
2) 8mm x 19mm x 6mm
2) 5mm x 11mm x 4mm

* if you want to upgrade the brass bushings in the steering posts to bearings you'll need

4) 6mm x 10mm x 3mm

FastEddy's kit includes ones for the steering posts. I prefer his bearings over avid's. I ran avid's a long time ago, but they don't seem to hold up as long.

FastEddy's kit includes ones for the steering posts. I prefer his bearings over avid's. I ran avid's a long time ago, but they don't seem to hold up as long.
I have always thought this too. To me, it seems like the Avid's are freer spinning but don't last as long as Fast Eddy's, without cleaning/relubing of the bearings. I have always thought/guessed that they use lighter oil to make them have less resistance but a little more maintance. I can't really say for sure but that has been my experience with them as well but I do like the revolution bearing concept with one rubber seal and one metal shield.

Yes, the bearings are the same. The Outcast is basically a short wheelbase Kraton.
Ok great! Thanks!

They're all the same quantity and size between those models

10) 8mm x 16mm x 5mm
4) 15mm x 21mm x 4mm
2) 8mm x 19mm x 6mm
2) 5mm x 11mm x 4mm

* if you want to upgrade the brass bushings in the steering posts to bearings you'll need

4) 6mm x 10mm x 3mm

Thanks for the info. It's greatly appreciated. I already did the steering posts.

Ive used Avid bearings for a long time.....kinda like force of habit.....I need bearings ok.....place a order to Avid. I have not tried fast eddies bearings.

Ive used Avid bearings for a long time.....kinda like force of habit.....I need bearings ok.....place a order to Avid. I have not tried fast eddies bearings.
Yeah, over the past 20 years of RC, I've tried many. Acer, Boca, Avid, Duratrax (what the LHS had), vxb and fasteddy. Pound for pound, fasteddy seems to hold up for me.

Well I did end up ordering Avid bearings. Kinda went with who I know and bearings I've used. If the Avids don't hold up, I'll try the fast Eddie bearings. At a $1.00 per bearing its not a huge cost to replace if necessary.

I used Fast Eddie when I built my 5t and they were great. But not so much in my Kraton. Going across a field in my Kraton it seems to role for ever after letting off the trigger now that I replaced them with Avids. I replaced them 2 months ago and they're still like butter. But as with every product people will have their own unique experience with their rc. Fast eddies are still great bearings though and you wouldnt be making a mistake if you used em.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back