Vorteks Bearings pulled apart by twine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
I was running my Vorteks in a field near my house and a bunch of twine that's in the dirt got sucked up around my hubs and got sucked into my bearings. The shields got pulled off on the fronts but on the rears the shield and seals got shot. The seals were actually broken. Crazy...

Are these designed to be re-built or am I looking at a new set of bearings all around?

It looks like I need 2 sets of part# ARA610041 if I have to do a full replacement.

EDIT: Well hell, nevermind. I just spent $12 on a complete set of built hubs with bearings from JennysRC.

Last edited:
They can be rebuilt, but bearings are cheap, just replace them. Don't get factory replacements, go to Jim's Bearings or Fast Eddie's, they are much higher quality. You can get a complete bearing kit to replace all of them for around $20-25.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into those next time.

I take it I’d need some sort of press/puller tool to pull the old bearings out of the hubs and to insert the new ones?

They come out pretty easily. You should be able to push them out with a punch, screwdriver, etc. No special tools required.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into those next time.

I take it I’d need some sort of press/puller tool to pull the old bearings out of the hubs and to insert the new ones?
nothing fancy. A paper clip with small bent hook can work. A skinny screwdriver, etc.. your just popping them out, there not pressed in under any heavy pressure. maybe a drop of lube around the edge to help it slide out the hub.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back