Kraton Bearings size for steering rack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Avid kit only has the bearings for the bell cranks not the rack. I guess you would want bearings with a flange like these ? I'm not sure what size they are....maybe someone could measure.

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
They are 6x10mm bearings

edit: oops sorry I thought you meant the bellcrank bearings. I'm not sure about the steering rack.

Don't remember the size but they come in the avid racing bearing kit for the Kraton as Vanning said. I will say, one of the best $22 I have spent for the Kraton. Those steering bearings make a hell of a difference, as does the whole kit.

The bearings he wants are not in the bearing kits. He's looking to take it a step farther and get some on the rack.

I ordered a carbon fiber steering rack from maxspeedparts on eBay. He provides the correct bearings for the steering rack in the kit. I will measure them and report back with the size in case anyone else wants to add bearings in the steering rack. These two bearings are the final step in achieving a near frictionless all ball bearing supported steering system.

It's an upgrade for the upgrade fanatics out there.......you know who you are. Lol :)

Are you talking about replacing the bushings with bearings? If yes, I have done this and it's great upgrade. I forgot what size they are but I just looked at the owners manual and found the bushings, went to Arrma website and found out what size they are and then went to eBay, typed in the size and found many bearings the correct size. If this doesn't help, let me know and I will go into my eBay history and give you the size.

I ordered a carbon fiber steering rack from maxspeedparts on eBay. He provides the correct bearings for the steering rack in the kit. I will measure them and report back with the size in case anyone else wants to add bearings in the steering rack. These two bearings are the final step in achieving a near frictionless all ball bearing supported steering system.

It's an upgrade for the upgrade fanatics out there.......you know who you are. Lol :)

Did u get the measurements for those bearings ?

Hey guys did you find out the bearing that goes in aluminium steering rack? I have attached a picture with a yellow circle for the bearing I am after.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 118
I just looked at the maxspeedparts and they give this listed below. I highlighted in yellow what it might be.

• 1 PCs. HD steering plate 3 mm carbon
  • 2 PCs. Ball bearing 5x8x 2.5 with federal
  • 4 PCs. Ball bearings for steering 6 x 10 x 3

Last edited:
I just looked at the maxspeedparts and they give this listed below. I highlighted in yellow what it might be.

• 1 PCs. HD steering plate 3 mm carbon
  • 2 PCs. Ball bearing 5x8x 2.5 with federal
  • 4 PCs. Ball bearings for steering 6 x 10 x 3
Thankyou! He was going to send me some from eaurope but i cant wait so i searched for some and found one from my local online hobby store plaig bearings.

Just one question how come maxspeedparts gives x4 of the other type of bearings. I know the bellcrank uses two but i don't what the other two is for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back