Kraton Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I just recently bought a couple upgrades for my kraton, including rpm bumper, and some more shims for the mesh, I was wondering, what is your guys preference on bearings? Dcm off-road or fast Eddy’s? Are they both the same quality? What should I get?

These are the bearings I buy every time but there are others that are probably just as nice. I started with AVID and have been happy so no need to change. Their kits also include steering. I also like their Slip oil and wing buttons for bling. $22 for a kit and I think at $50 free shipping but could be wrong. They ship fast to US.

https://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=1507&kitname=Outcast+6s

I just recently bought a couple upgrades for my kraton, including rpm bumper, and some more shims for the mesh, I was wondering, what is your guys preference on bearings? Dcm off-road or fast Eddy’s? Are they both the same quality? What should I get?
Fast Eddy or Avid. Fast Eddy are sealed on both sides, but you can buy Avids that are only sealed on one side. Most bearings only face out to contamination on one side. One less seal equals lower resistance. I think only the center dif bearings are exposed on both sides, and I believe the Avid kit accommodates for that. It's also easier to clean and maintain a bearing that is open on one side.

DSM Off road claims to use Marine grade grease. I also have Fast Eddys, and TRB rc. They are all good so far. These sealed bearings will outlast the stock shielded ones. I grab which ever has the better price and shipping at the time. I keep spares, so I order a few packs. I have several Arrma rigs.

Fast Eddy or Avid. Fast Eddy are sealed on both sides, but you can buy Avids that are only sealed on one side. Most bearings only face out to contamination on one side. One less seal equals lower resistance. I think only the center dif bearings are exposed on both sides, and I believe the Avid kit accommodates for that. It's also easier to clean and maintain a bearing that is open on one side.
The rear hubs are exposed on both sides do the rear stub axle slot.

The rear hubs are exposed on both sides do the rear stub axle slot.
Avids are for the track guys. IMO. Running on a track in competition removing the seals is common. But for bashing not good. And dirt does get into the hubs because of the CVD slotting. I find dirt in there all the time. Over time it actually penetrates the seals and blows out the bearing.

Avids are for the track guys. IMO. Running on a track in competition removing the seals is common. But for bashing not good. And dirt does get into the hubs because of the CVD slotting. I find dirt in there all the time.
Actually if you run cvds in the rear it gets rid of this issue.

I did put a front set into the rears. It does help a lot. Do you run rear mud guards on the rear arms? I find it helps. But the rear end is always the dirtiest, bearings and all.

I did put a front set into the rears. It does help a lot. Do you run rear mud guards on the rear arms? I find it helps. But the rear end is always the dirtiest, bearings and all.
Yup Rpm arms and rpm mud guards.

I preferred the TBR mud guards. More coverage at the hubs and the shocks. Taller. But the RPMs give better coverage inward toward the rear diff out drives. My sons NOTO. has the TBR's with the stock rear arms. My Kraton is all RPM arms now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back