Limitless Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drjim

Old And In The Way!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Senton 6s
Hi, everybody

Just wondering if anybody's swapped out the bearings in their Limitless. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the OEM bearings in my Senton, I swapped them out while I was installing the aluminum diff housings, so I swapped in a full set from Avid.

I bought Fast Eddie's bearings for the 3Racing Sakura I built for VTA, but that's a different forum....

Now that I've got my PPS motor mount and differential cover/caps (they're OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD!), I'm wondering if it's worth it to swap out all the bearings "while I'm in there". "Mission Creep" is something I'd like to avoid, 'cuz I know tearing my car down to swap out "just one thing" usually winds up with the car being apart longer than I'd like!

I think I'm going to run the chassis "as-is" for now while I further scout out the areas I've found that look good. I'm only hitting 63MPH in the ~350' stretch of parking lot I've been using, and she's still accelerating like a bat out of you-know-where, and Spring is just getting started here.

Just curious what you found the "quality" (smoothness, slop, etc) of the OEM bearings to be if you've pulled them.

Hi, everybody

Just wondering if anybody's swapped out the bearings in their Limitless. I wasn't too impressed with the quality of the OEM bearings in my Senton, I swapped them out while I was installing the aluminum diff housings, so I swapped in a full set from Avid.

I bought Fast Eddie's bearings for the 3Racing Sakura I built for VTA, but that's a different forum....

Now that I've got my PPS motor mount and differential cover/caps (they're OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD!), I'm wondering if it's worth it to swap out all the bearings "while I'm in there". "Mission Creep" is something I'd like to avoid, 'cuz I know tearing my car down to swap out "just one thing" usually winds up with the car being apart longer than I'd like!

I think I'm going to run the chassis "as-is" for now while I further scout out the areas I've found that look good. I'm only hitting 63MPH in the ~350' stretch of parking lot I've been using, and she's still accelerating like a bat out of you-know-where, and Spring is just getting started here.

Just curious what you found the "quality" (smoothness, slop, etc) of the OEM bearings to be if you've pulled them.
I don’t have a limitless yet....
Although I’d imagine they are the same as the rest of the RTR 6s trucks. Which are subpar imo. If I were you I’d throw a set of these in there, and if your feeling fancy you could opt for the ceramic hybrids. ?

https://jimsbearings.com/collection...n-talion-typhon-6s-blx?variant=31288940462142

I don’t have a limitless yet....
Although I’d imagine they are the same as the rest of the RTR 6s trucks. Which are subpar imo. If I were you I’d throw a set of these in there, and if your feeling fancy you could opt for the ceramic hybrids. ?

https://jimsbearings.com/collection...n-talion-typhon-6s-blx?variant=31288940462142

Yeah, I kind of figured they'd be whatever Arrma buys, regardless of chassis.

I haven't bought any from Jim's; just Fast Eddie and Avid.

If you don't plan on driving in the rough, Just have better sealed bearings on hand. Run as is. I have a complete set on hand. But I plan on running my bearings as is to get my moneys worth. The stock bearings are actually very fast when new. They are just not sealed. Are just metal shielded and all bearings will fail at some point. Whether upgrade sealed or not. Why rush to replacing them? If you had a basher running in the rough dirty stuff new out the gate, that's different in my opinion. My other off road rigs got fresh sealed bearings out the gate. But for the Lim., its a street runner. At least for me and probably most others who have one. Nothing wrong with the metal shielded bearings for a while. You will rebuild your Lim at some point. Upgrade to sealed bearings as you do that. Just have sealed bearings on hand. So definitely order the kit. You will need them. But you will be surprised that the stock bearings will hold up. They are far from the best, but will actually get you some wheel time. Focus on getting other up front upgrades. Have a spare set of tires at the very least. My spin.:)
I say since you in there might as well finish the rest of the job, no point in going back later
The point is that you always go back later to rebuilding. You cant always throw new/upgrade parts at something thinking you wont be there again. I feel if its new, most parts should be left as is. Why create double work. Replace as you go. Have key parts on hand that certainly WILL be replaced. Everyone drives different. What one guy constantly replaces is not necessarily what the next guy breaks. On road and off road are different animals as well. It's not necessary to always follow others anticipating a certain part as needed. Replace as you go. If you just want Bling and can slam your rigs with $$$$ thats fine too. I like to build, but I rather spend more time driving so I can experience "what is needed". Not replacing parts out the box because I am told everyone does it. Just playing devils advocate here. In 30 years I had many, and currently 17 running rigs left, so I been thru this drill.(y)

Last edited:
If you don't plan on driving in the rough, Just have better sealed bearings on hand. Run as is. I have a complete set on hand. But I plan on running my bearings as is to get my moneys worth. The stock bearings are actually very fast when new. They are just not sealed. Are just metal shielded and all bearings will fail at some point. Whether upgrade sealed or not. Why rush to replacing them? If you had a basher running in the rough dirty stuff new out the gate, that's different in my opinion. My other off road rigs got fresh sealed bearings out the gate. But for the Lim., its a street runner. At least for me and probably most others who have one. Nothing wrong with the metal shielded bearings for a while. You will rebuild your Lim at some point. Upgrade to sealed bearings as you do that. Just have sealed bearings on hand. So definitely order the kit. You will need them. But you will be surprised that the stock bearings will hold up. They are far from the best, but will actually get you some wheel time. Focus on getting other up front upgrades. Have a spare set of tires at the very least. My spin.:)

The point is that you always go back later to rebuilding. You cant always throw new/upgrade parts at something thinking you wont be there again. I feel if its new, most parts should be left as is. Why create double work. Replace as you go. Have key parts on hand that certainly WILL be replaced. Everyone drives different. What one guy constantly replaces is not necessarily what the next guy breaks. On road and off road are different animals as well. It's not necessary to always follow others anticipating a certain part as needed. Replace as you go. If you just want Bling and can slam your rigs with $$$$ thats fine too. I like to build, but I rather spend more time driving so I can experience "what is needed". Not replacing parts out the box because I am told everyone does it. Just playing devils advocate here. In 30 years I had many, and currently 17 running rigs left, so I been thru this drill.(y)

That's pretty much what I decided to do after making the first post. If they fail this summer, I'll dive in and do it because I'll have the replacement bearings on hand. Otherwise I'll wait until winter when I can't run it, and then tear it down and see what *else* needs replacing.

Tomorrow I'm going to drive to the locations I've been eyeing, check for signage regarding access, take some pix, and wait for the weather to clear. Sunday looks to be a nice, sunny, dry day, so maybe I'll get a chance to see if I can get this little guy up over my personal best of 62MPH..... :cry:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back