BEC/2x batteries Q?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mgswe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hi all!
About to upgrade to a max 6 combo, could not get my hands on a decent 6s pack so went the 2x3s route!

Probably a dumb question but will i need to unplug or get a switch for (external) bec since i will plug 1 battery at a time and bec powers instantly? Guess it should be fine but I'm not 100 so thought I'd better ask instead of smoking something 😆

Last edited:
Hi all!
About to upgrade to a max 6 combo, could not get my hands on a decent 6s pack so went the 2x3s route!

Probably a dumb question but will i need to unplug or get a switch for (external) bec since i will plug 1 battery at a time and bec powers instantly? Guess it should be fine but I'm not 100 so thought I'd better ask instead of smoking something 😆
Plugging in 1 battery to your ESC won't power anything when lipo's are connected in series. It will only power on when both lipo's are connected.
Reading you question again i assume you have connected your BEC to the + en - wires on your ESC?

For your BEC, you should connect ESC side as @JvG says. Only point to add is that, where you have two connectors on your esc, you can run one battery if you plug a loop connector into the empty socket. This won't change anything bec wise, presuming your bec is wired to the + and - if your esc.

Aah that makes sense ☺️ thanks m8!
Never ran packs in series before 😆

And yes bec is hooked up on esc wires (+/-) from there +/-/signal to servo and only +/- from servo to Rx (esc/internal bec powers Rx, not the external)

For your BEC, you should connect ESC side as @JvG says. Only point to add is that, where you have two connectors on your esc, you can run one battery if you plug a loop connector into the empty socket. This won't change anything because wise, presuming your bec is wired to the + and - if your esc.
He's going 2x 3S so won't use a loop

Sry for being vague!
by "1 battery at a time" i just meant i have to plug two connectors instead of the one I'd plug with a single 6s 😆.

I understand now, pretty obvious when i think about it 🤣.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back