BEC for HV steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am purchasing a jx cls hv7346mg for my arrma kraton. I am running 2x3s and will be finally running it on 4s till motor upgrade. I will be letting my GF daughter be running on just 3s. I want to go ahead and put this in while I'm putting the servo in any recommendations on amp rating , volt setting and brands that will be a good investment

That servo is plenty strong on 6.0v. If you are going to upgrade the motor, will you also upgrade the ESC? Most of the popular big power ESC's have adjustable BEC's.

Personally, I'd wait on the new ESC, if you are planning that route.

Yes I am looking at a tp 4070 and hobbywing ESC 6-8s. I am going to be running 4s till I get motor and esc with new 6s lipo. I know the blx 185 should power the servo but I feel it would be a good investment to help from surging esc

The Servo is definitely powerful enough on 6v. In my x-bug I left the max 5 esc at default bec setting of 6v and it is powerful enough to turn the madmax giant grip wheels/tires with ease. I just purchased another of these servos for my senton.

I was looking at the cost of $20-30 and save ESC as to have the servo load esc and do damage

The Servo is definitely powerful enough on 6v. In my x-bug I left the max 5 esc at default bec setting of 6v and it is powerful enough to turn the madmax giant grip wheels/tires with ease. I just purchased another of these servos for my senton.
How to set ESC for 6v for savox 1230 sg

What the blx 185 ? Is it set at 6v
Yes it's 6v. I think it's a good idea to install a BEC with heavy powered servo's, also on 6v. I installed a Savox 1283sg without a BEC and it killed my esc (which probably was at its end anyway). So it's a small 20 bucks insurance which relieves the esc.

20181103_095222.jpg

I just installed the 1230sg and want to be sure everything is right, I have the V3 running 2x3s. Installed bearings in bellcrank it's still under 2.5 yr warranty but want it right to bash with

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back