Bec mounting help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle_buck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I'm installing a castle 2.0 bec in my notorious and for the life of me cant seem to find a spot to mount it. If anyone has some pictures or ideas as to where I can mount it i would greatly appreciate it

image.jpg

Do you have enough space right there?

Or maybe here?
image.jpg

Those were the spots I was looking at but the pos and neg on the bec arent that long I would have to really shorten up the leads of the esc @Peeeenuuutt
I found this pic online a while back. Gave me an idea for when I do get a BEC.
View attachment 41224
That wont work on the notorious there is the servo right there
Those were the spots I was looking at but the pos and neg on the bec arent that long I would have to really shorten up the leads of the esc @Peeeenuuutt

That wont work on the notorious there is the servo right there
Do I have to wire the bec right at the top by the connector or can I splice it further down the wire @Peeeenuuutt

Attachments

• 20190611_175823.jpg
    20190611_175823.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I made an extra mounting spot from some old rubber:
You can splice it further down the wire, solder 'm on and tape it (or something).
A second possibility is to make a wire with a (i.e. xt60) connector from the main connector and solder the other connector to the BEC.

Last edited:
I killed so many BECs on my E Revo that I ended up soldering a JST plug to the esc wires, and soldering a jst plug into my BEC, and then just plugging it in. When it died, I sent it to castle, got a new one, put a jst on, plugged it in, rinse repeat.

It’s super nice because if you can fit in a small 2s lipo into your truck, put a jst lead onto it and run your BEC solely off of that battery.

I killed so many BECs on my E Revo that I ended up soldering a JST plug to the esc wires, and soldering a jst plug into my BEC, and then just plugging it in. When it died, I sent it to castle, got a new one, put a jst on, plugged it in, rinse repeat.

It’s super nice because if you can fit in a small 2s lipo into your truck, put a jst lead onto it and run your BEC solely off of that battery.
Not a lot of "open" space on the outcast/notorious for things to fit nicely though.

Glad I'm content with 6V. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back