Bec voltage on esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomoney4rcparts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
i sent back my esc to tower coz it wouldn't change to 7.2v. According to the manual, i have a choice to change it from 6v to 7.2v.

Tower sent my esc back saying that the manual is wrong and the esc bec voltage cannot be changed.

Is this true?

The Nero BEC is a Hobbywing version that normally can do 7.2v, but is locked to 6v for this machine. This is because the Diff-Brain servos can't go above 6v and they don't want people blowing them.

I recommend anyone wanting to go down this road to use external BEC's so you can control the voltages to each device.

I recommend anyone wanting to go down this road to use external BEC's so you can control the voltages to each device.
So I have a question on that then.. I am having to send in my esc a second time, so I said screw it and bought mamba monster x combo..
Do I need to change settings on the mamba x esc so I don't ruin servos or the diff brain servos? I don't know much about the bec settings and voltages. The last thing I want is to keep replacing the locking diff servos. Thanks!

Just use the castle link it's easy way to set up your esc and set all voltages, timing ect... I swapped to a 6.0v servo and tried changing it with the remote and it would not change. So I left it and decided that if the servo blew I would deal with it then... so I guess this is good news for me... and my servo....

Just use the castle link it's easy way to set up your esc and set all voltages, timing ect... I swapped to a 6.0v servo and tried changing it with the remote and it would not change. So I left it and decided that if the servo blew I would deal with it then... so I guess this is good news for me... and my servo....

So if I'm just using the stock servo still, I can just leave it stock right? At 5.5 volts or whatever the stock setting is? If I need to replace the steering servo at some point I will, but don't want to replace all of them regularly. Haha

I would set it to 6.0v if you can... i have not had my mmx or mm2 out in while so im unsure what the settings are but 6.0v will get you max torque out of the servo without hurting them.

I would set it to 6.0v if you can... i have not had my mmx or mm2 out in while so im unsure what the settings are but 6.0v will get you max torque out of the servo without hurting them.
Ok cool.. I will get the castle link and program that way. Thanks!

In the box on mmx esc is a coupon for a free one from castle... easy to use it like.it alot... need to get my esc mounted up in kraton and see how it works I guess... I was thinking about swapping it while I had it out the other day...

In the box on mmx esc is a coupon for a free one from castle... easy to use it like.it alot... need to get my esc mounted up in kraton and see how it works I guess... I was thinking about swapping it while I had it out the other day...
Oh sweet. Can I get it in-store or is it online redeem only? Mine is shipping, so I'm hoping to have the motor and esc in by next weekend. I'm so excited, it's going to be awesome!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back