Beefed up the control arms on my Senton

TwiZted SkullZ

Well-Known Member
Messages
167
Reaction score
212
Location
The Red Rocks of Utah
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
After reading about and seeing in person at the local HS all the problems Arrma cars are having with
control arm breakage,I decided to see if I could strengthen the known weak spot.
So I decided to wrap the ends of the upper and lower arms with some resin and fiberglass cloth.
I also added a drilled out fender washer (15/64th) to the pivot ball,as someone else pointed out THAT is probably what is the major cause of the plastic arms breaking out of the threads.

Adding a larger diameter flange to the pivot ball would alleviate a lot of stress at the point where the pivot ball threads into the "c" arms.IMO.....hear that Arrma,would be an easy fix for ya!

Here's some pics of what I did and I also made some brass shims from washers to adjust the camber.
And I use a digital angle gauge to get some pretty accurate alignment numbers.

CIMG3609.JPG CIMG3588.JPG CIMG3605.JPG CIMG3606.JPG CIMG3607.JPG CIMG3603.JPG CIMG3609.JPG CIMG3588.JPG CIMG3605.JPG CIMG3606.JPG CIMG3607.JPG CIMG3603.JPG
 
Top