Talion Been creeping for awhile....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmaha8ter

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I have had my V3 Talion 6s and I love it! .....BUT.....I hate the company Hobbico and Arrma. They have the worst product support. Be aware if you break almost any part on this car, almost any part you need for it does not exist. I have spoke with numerous people about issues with this at Hobbico, but they do not care.

yeah, the bankruptcy has nothing to do with the parts shortage either. Sux, but parts are gonna be hard to find till this is over.

But if you hate, it, send it to me. I promise it will be loved and abused regularly. :)

untitled.png

SSSssssss.......

Last edited:
Like what parts?

I don't know about you, but I all spare parts from Ebay (not spamming). Sellers part out ARRMA rc cars and post the parts, and I jump in to stock up on them. Every other month or so I spent a few bucks, got around $150.00 on parts already...

I just did a search, and Tower Hobbies sells parts, RC Superstore plus EBAY...

What are them that you cant find? be more specific, I think you are just spam

BTW I have the same car, Talion.

Yeah, me too. Most all of my recent parts buys have been from Ebay chop shops. But I am stocked up for ARRMAgeddon, so I stopped looking. I guess I keep hearing "parts Shortage" so I believe...

Yeah I am kind of trolling, but I do have a legitimate claim. I should add some validity to the story. I was just fed up and ranted this morning.
These are recent parts I tried to purchase:
AR310484
AR320379
AR320365
AR330482
And these are just parts that I need right now..
I also attempted to file a warranty claim with ARRMA with hopes they would be able to supply parts, but they said that based off the parts that were broken, it was not covered under warranty. Here is the conversation:
Me:
I would like to start a new claim for parts that failed. AR320357,
AR320379, AR330379, AR330499, AR550048. All of these parts have
failed
and none are available. Please let me know a lead time.

Hobbico:

Unfortunately wheels and tires are considered consumable items and
are not
covered under warranty.
As for the rest of the parts, crash damage and user error are not
covered under
warranty.

Me:

Ok well that is not bad then, can you get the rest of the items
shipped as soon as possible then?
I am going to assume that you were just informing me about user error
and crash damage, since you have no evidence for determining a
possible failure of your component.

Hobbico:

The parts you requested rarely break due to a factory defect and it is
even
more rare that they break at the same time.

Hobbico Management:

I was left a message to call you back, which I attempted at 3:18 pm CT. I was
told that it was in regards to this email correspondence. I've read through
this chain and agree with Nathan's assessment and decision.
This vehicle is very tough, and the parts you're requesting are consistent with
crash damage. We're not able to cover that under warranty.
If you still believe they are defective then you are welcome to send the
vehicle to Hobby Services for further assessment.

This is most of the conversation with personal information removed. They refused to cover the parts because they crashed one into a wall and those parts didn't break, that was there scientific study, to determine my parts fell under crash. They assumed that all parts broke at once, assumed there parts don't break, assumed it was due to crash. Obviously I could have shipped it to them, but due to the tone of management, I knew it would have been pointless, they didn't care.

Hobbico:
The parts you requested rarely break due to a factory defect and it is
even
more rare that they break at the same time.
I wanted to order AR320376 (they are unlikely to break) and it's worth the status: back order.
And the unknown when it will be available ...
And the delivery with ebay comes out more for me than the item three times.(((

I just looked all those parts up and found them all on ebsy with free shipping minus wing mount. Do a little searching and its not hard to getwhat you neef. Or try jrc.com

I'm a bit confused. Is your beef that they will not warranty the parts? or that the parts are backordered? If you are claiming warranty, did you really break wheel hex, body mounts, wing mount and other stuff just driving along? no crash involved? Because if there was a crash, it is not defective, so it is not warranty.

And 2x for Ebay kit breakers. They have most stuff in stock (or did a few weeks ago) and it is much cheaper than Tower.

But - Welcome to Arrma forum! Glad you came back to talk about your issues. Now let's get you fixed up and out there running!

Ok, here is some help -
(yes, I've ordered from Lumidave35, ships fast, parts are good)
This is the shock towers, shock stand-offs, and body mounts. 2 of your 4 items, under$20.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...-Body-Mount-/381683170909?hash=item58de16fe5d

Wheel Hexes -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...ns-Hex-Hubs-/381677609700?hash=item58ddc222e4

Low profile wing mount, yeah that one is tough. You could use the standard wing mount till the low profile comes back in stock -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-hd-rear-wing-mount-set-ara320347/p635662?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping PLA - NEW STRUCTURE TEST&utm_term=4585169646532149&utm_content=Brands
Or the RPM version -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-durango-rear-wing-mounts-rpm81642/p487428

So $25 plus shipping will get you running again. The wing, either wait, or run the high wing mount.

Last edited:
All those parts I have them as spare. Its impossible to buy one specific item.

I go to EBAY and buy the whole front end, or the wing with all its components, etc.

Horizon Hobby does a similar sales catch, they state a item number, but when you search in their catalog it falls under a bigger set of items. I got the Sportwerks Mayhem, parts would be in sets, not a specific nut, or bolt. Its unfortunate ARRMA is not backing up their products. Its a company that stroke gold with their design, it has been very well accepted by the rc enthusiast, and to know they don't listen to their customers, its unsat in all aspects.

You really must have hammered that poor Talion, mine goes through a beating, and still have not broken any mounts.

Thanks for all the assistance! So, to answer your question, my beef is with ARRMA product support in general. No I did not break wheel hex or body mounts, I was just showing they were unavailable. And honestly I could care less if they warranty it, I just want the damn parts, and figured I'd try that route since I couldn't buy them. My point about the warranty was that they didn't inquire to how there parts failed, they just didn't want anything to do with it.
I did not know RPM made the wing mounts, I will order them.
As far as the shock towers from from the ebay link goes, those are different than mine, maybe from a different generation, the mounts are different, as well as the shock stand-offs.
We shouldn't have to be having this conversation, I should be able to go to a manufacture, and say I would like to buy these parts from a product you make, and I receive those parts, and carry on with RC'ing.
I don't like to bring negativity to a great product, but they need to change the support.

I'm a bit confused. Is your beef that they will not warranty the parts? or that the parts are backordered? If you are claiming warranty, did you really break wheel hex, body mounts, wing mount and other stuff just driving along? no crash involved? Because if there was a crash, it is not defective, so it is not warranty.

And 2x for Ebay kit breakers. They have most stuff in stock (or did a few weeks ago) and it is much cheaper than Tower.

But - Welcome to Arrma forum! Glad you came back to talk about your issues. Now let's get you fixed up and out there running!

Ok, here is some help -
(yes, I've ordered from Lumidave35, ships fast, parts are good)
This is the shock towers, shock stand-offs, and body mounts. 2 of your 4 items, under$20.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...-Body-Mount-/381683170909?hash=item58de16fe5d

Wheel Hexes -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Tali...ns-Hex-Hubs-/381677609700?hash=item58ddc222e4

Low profile wing mount, yeah that one is tough. You could use the standard wing mount till the low profile comes back in stock -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-hd-rear-wing-mount-set-ara320347/p635662?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping PLA - NEW STRUCTURE TEST&utm_term=4585169646532149&utm_content=Brands
Or the RPM version -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-arrma-durango-rear-wing-mounts-rpm81642/p487428

So $25 plus shipping will get you running again. The wing, either wait, or run the high wing mount.

So you don't care if they are willing to warranty it, you just want to be mad because parts you didn't break are out of stock? ok.......

As for the link I posted for the shock tower, you didn't say which version of the Talion you had, but your wing link was for the low profile mount - which is V3. If you have the V2, then the RPM or Kraton wing is a direct replacement. As would be the Kraton body mounts. About 4 ckicks away from the other link was this one -
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-Krat...Body-Mounts-/122017098915?hash=item1c68c92ca3

So yeah, you can still get the parts. But you didn't break them, so why are you mad again?

I understand, its messed up ARRMA don't stock on spare parts.

The main reason I stir away from Hobby King is because there dreades OUT OF STOCK status on spare parts, so I buy ARRMA paying a premium along the way.

So I am back to square one and worst, paid moe money and don't have spare parts from the company. I sould have bought ARR from HK or pay a few more bucks and go LOSI, or stixk w TRAXXAS which have excellent five star parts availability.

Lets not wash out what he is trying to say and stick what he is trying to say about no spare parts which is true 100%.

We ARRMA owners are lucky to have EBAY, but if it wasnt for that we all would be screwed. Some other sites have some parts, but very limited.

Horizon Hobby has done the same thing of no spare parts but only when the vehicle in question goes intp discontinued status, they never throw the towel when they have the production line still rollin.

ARRMA has zero parts support and they care two cents for what the customers need to say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back