Talion Been waiting for V5 Talion...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnmbr1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
I’m at the point where I don’t want to spend months waiting for V5 and maybe even hoping for an EXB version. What are my best options for “building my own”? Not really well versed in converting one model to another. I was going to grab an EXB Kraton at first. V4 are out of stock near me. What’s my best options? Thanks everyone.

the Talion is my favorite RC, I am waiting for an announcement also. The one I have has been heavily modified and I believe it isn't as good as it was stock, sure the thing has loads more power and is virtually indestructible, but it is way to heavy and doesn't drive like a talion should. I would keep waiting if I was you, but if you don't have an RC to play with maybe grab a 3s model and enjoy that, they are awesome without any mods at all?

the Talion is my favorite RC, I am waiting for an announcement also. The one I have has been heavily modified and I believe it isn't as good as it was stock, sure the thing has loads more power and is virtually indestructible, but it is way to heavy and doesn't drive like a talion should. I would keep waiting if I was you, but if you don't have an RC to play with maybe grab a 3s model and enjoy that, they are awesome without any mods at all?
I love my v3 talion. I am beginning to wonder if the talion has been discontinued or the other option is with the Wuhan FLU (a.k.a covid-19) the demand for talions is higher (Because of people getting back into rc) and supply is lower due to...(at this point I realize supply might not be lower)

V1 talion already better then the exb .

20210320_112744.jpg

They are beautiful, you'll be very impressed!

It's a shame no one that I know of does a decent rear wing mount for this vehicle?
the hot racing kraton mount is compatible with the talion
They are beautiful, you'll be very impressed!

It's a shame no one that I know of does a decent rear wing mount for this vehicle?
I also have the hobbystar 4092

That is one nice Talion
I’m at the point where I don’t want to spend months waiting for V5 and maybe even hoping for an EXB version. What are my best options for “building my own”? Not really well versed in converting one model to another. I was going to grab an EXB Kraton at first. V4 are out of stock near me. What’s my best options? Thanks everyone.
Just build a v4 EXB or M2C Talion you will not need the v5's and if you want I am sure you could fit the v5's Notorious shock towers to the Talion, but I do understand that they are out of stock everywhere, I built mine up from a bunch of upgrades.

the hot racing kraton mount is compatible with the talion

I also have the hobbystar 4092
Cool good setup with that motor, that is if it's geared up enough, otherwise it can be a little slow.

I mean the plastic wing mount that comes with the Talion is the lower height type, they snap really easy, I have the rpm mount, but the wing looks to high for this car.
That is one nice Talion

Just build a v4 EXB or M2C Talion you will not need the v5's and if you want I am sure you could fit the v5's Notorious shock towers to the Talion, but I do understand that they are out of stock everywhere, I built mine up from a bunch of upgrades.
Cheers man, it is a nice bit of kit, the internals have been really carefully rebuilt too, so it should run well for a while now. I also just bought a new body shell to paint, my old custom one is very cracked and damaged.

Cool good setup with that motor, that is if it's geared up enough, otherwise it can be a little slow.

I mean the plastic wing mount that comes with the Talion is the lower height type, they snap really easy, I have the rpm mount, but the wing looks to high for this car.

Cheers man, it is a nice bit of kit, the internals have been really carefully rebuilt too, so it should run well for a while now. I also just bought a new body shell to paint, my old custom one is very cracked and damaged.
stock gearing +4s backflips = wheelies in the grass

Rc's that are built to you own 'spec' is the best way to have them. That is why I love Arrma's so much they are super customizable to almost anything you could like.

I love my v3 talion. I am beginning to wonder if the talion has been discontinued or the other option is with the Wuhan FLU (a.k.a covid-19) the demand for talions is higher (Because of people getting back into rc) and supply is lower due to...(at this point I realize supply might not be lower)
Yeah, The reply I received from them is the new Talion drops "soon. Not long to wait" Their version of soon and mine are probably two different things. Just getting back into RC. I have a Losi DB Pro so its not like I have nothing to play with now just got the itch after driving my buddies Erevo 2.0 last weekend. I had already decided the Talion or Kraton was the next choice long ago.

Rc's that are built to you own 'spec' is the best way to have them. That is why I love Arrma's so much they are super customizable to almost anything you could like.
You can say the same thing about a lot of brands of rcs.
Tamiya.
Hobao.
HPI.
Tekno.
Associated.
Losi.
Traxxas.
LC Racing.
Kyosho.
MCD Racing.
Redcat.
RCMK.

Just look at threads across all the different forums and you will find thread after thread of people making different vehicles from parts from all sorts of different companies.

As an example I went from this.
20200925_205004.jpg

To this.
20201217_192435.jpg

If I change out a few things I can have this.
25C108-14-Cavalry-MB-Red-Brushless-13 (1).jpg

I could convert it to a short course truck or rally car if I wanted as well.
Yeah, The reply I received from them is the new Talion drops "soon. Not long to wait" Their version of soon and mine are probably two different things. Just getting back into RC. I have a Losi DB Pro so its not like I have nothing to play with now just got the itch after driving my buddies Erevo 2.0 last weekend. I had already decided the Talion or Kraton was the next choice long ago.
Arrma works on Valve time.

You can say the same thing about a lot of brands of rcs.
Tamiya.
Hobao.
HPI.
Tekno.
Associated.
Losi.
Traxxas.
LC Racing.
Kyosho.
MCD Racing.
Redcat.
RCMK.

Just look at threads across all the different forums and you will find thread after thread of people making different vehicles from parts from all sorts of different companies.

As an example I went from this.
View attachment 142567

To this.
View attachment 142566

If I change out a few things I can have this.
View attachment 142565

I could convert it to a short course truck or rally car if I wanted as well.

Arrma works on Valve time.
you forgot team corally

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back