Talion Been waiting for V5 Talion...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m at the point where I don’t want to spend months waiting for V5 and maybe even hoping for an EXB version. What are my best options for “building my own”? Not really well versed in converting one model to another. I was going to grab an EXB Kraton at first. V4 are out of stock near me. What’s my best options? Thanks everyone.
Unless it's stock faster and more heavy duty than my V3 version I'll wait. Mine's Beat Mode now so I'm good, it can take a hard pop and get right back up. I'd love a new one but I'll be surprised to see one anytime soon.

Soooo from what I gather the Talion is slotted right there between the Typhon and the Kraton? Could you not just throw some bigger tires on the Typhon 6s and make it a truggy/Talion or what really is so special about it? I'm very interested in the next version as right now I don't really have anything on my radar that I would LOVE to pick up and I have no budget haha

They are beautiful, you'll be very impressed!

It's a shame no one that I know of does a decent rear wing mount for this vehicle?
Hot racing makes two different wing mounts that work. One specifically for the kraton and one for the talion. I just recently got the one specifically for the talion (the low profile one.) I had been waiting for these to become available and picked one up as soon as they were (one one the right in the pic.) There's a few on amazon and ebay still if you want to pay more, or wait a bit as I did for them to be in stock through hot racing/their distibutor (in NH.) The low profile one keeps the wing in the original position, the kraton one works but raises the wing a bit higher. I made my own (heavy) makeshift aluminum reinforced version while I waited for stock after I broke the 2nd crappy plastic stock one. It says V3 but works on the V4 too.
1619935047779.png
20210502_001101.jpg
20210502_000958.jpg

Hot racing makes two different wing mounts that work. One specifically for the kraton and one for the talion. I just recently got the one specifically for the talion (the low profile one.) I had been waiting for these to become available and picked one up as soon as they were (one one the right in the pic.) There's a few on amazon and ebay still if you want to pay more, or wait a bit as I did for them to be in stock through hot racing/their distibutor (in NH.) The low profile one keeps the wing in the original position, the kraton one works but raises the wing a bit higher. I made my own (heavy) makeshift aluminum reinforced version while I waited for stock after I broke the 2nd crappy plastic stock one. It says V3 but works on the V4 too.
View attachment 143410View attachment 143416View attachment 143415
Thank you I'll be looking into this for sure, any negatives apart from weight?
I just ordered one thank you for the info!

Last edited:
Soooo from what I gather the Talion is slotted right there between the Typhon and the Kraton? Could you not just throw some bigger tires on the Typhon 6s and make it a truggy/Talion or what really is so special about it? I'm very interested in the next version as right now I don't really have anything on my radar that I would LOVE to pick up and I have no budget haha
No, you will need a chassis, braces, arms, rod set, towers, shocks, drive line, tires and a body. I’m sure I missed a few things.

Be careful throwing too big of tires on a stock typhon. Diffs won’t handle 3.8 IMO
i just build a typhon with kraton diffs and kraton hubs hexes axles the normal thing. Definitely recommend kraton diffs. I bought mine from Jenny’s ready to run and wasn’t bad price wise at all

View attachment 143410View attachment 143416View attachment 143415
I was going to get one of those on ebay but the cheapest they have them for (now) is $65

Be careful throwing too big of tires on a stock typhon. Diffs won’t handle 3.8 IMO
i just build a typhon with kraton diffs and kraton hubs hexes axles the normal thing. Definitely recommend kraton diffs. I bought mine from Jenny’s ready to run and wasn’t bad price wise at all
Yea I don't have a 6s typhon just a 3s but I threw on the mx2.8 badlands and LOVE it lol!

I just ordered one thank you for the info!
It is aluminum so it won't break like the stock one, it will either bend, break your gearbox or both.

It is aluminum so it won't break like the stock one, it will either bend, break your gearbox or both.
Can't wait, I love buying parts that I didn't need 😭😭😭, maybe I shouldn't have rushed into this...

PS. FOR SALE v3 Talion loads of Aluminium upgrades, great condition, only used once.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back