Talion Been waiting for V5 Talion...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like KT's banggood specials lol
I'm sure you could do the same with ZD Racing and FS Racing stuff too just not much for aftermarket support.
Hsp/Redcat/Exceed/Maverick 1/10 4x4 is another example they have like 5 cars all based on the same platform they cost less than $200 and have upgrades for literally everything.

I just like the community around Arrma, love all brands, I have seven Traxxas cars and some of them are crazy with mods on them. like my Slash 4x4 I do not want to list all of the upgrades I have on this thing, and the community was great, even got nice ideas on the Traxxas forums
20200630_154732.jpg

I just like the community around Arrma, love all brands, I have seven Traxxas cars and some of them are crazy with mods on them. like my Slash 4x4 I do not want to list all of the upgrades I have on this thing, and the community was great, even got nice ideas on the Traxxas forums View attachment 142610
What slipper clutch do use, my Robinson Racing one can't handle the bigger tyres, it gets hot then just slips, when it's cold I can do wheelies no problem and Backflips no worries, but then it heats up and slips? Thanks
Yeah, The reply I received from them is the new Talion drops "soon. Not long to wait" Their version of soon and mine are probably two different things. Just getting back into RC. I have a Losi DB Pro so its not like I have nothing to play with now just got the itch after driving my buddies Erevo 2.0 last weekend. I had already decided the Talion or Kraton was the next choice long ago.
That's pretty exciting mate, I hope it is very soon, your going to love it I'm sure!

I was going to make a Talion using some parts from Typhon roller, but i went and bought a used Typhon and I'll just wait. Hopefully Arrma will surprise us.

One thing is for sure, the majority here no longer have an 'Arrma', it's all RPM, Castle, Hobbywing, M2C, Tekno, Basherqueen etc.
Granted, the design is still Arrma but otherwise they are no longer close to stock.

Love my Talion and last official statement was an update by Summer '21.

What slipper clutch do use, my Robinson Racing one can't handle the bigger tyres, it gets hot then just slips, when it's cold I can do wheelies no problem and Backflips no worries, but then it heats up and slips? Thanks

That's pretty exciting mate, I hope it is very soon, your going to love it I'm sure!
I run the HOSS center diff with the aluminum cup and 300k fliud backflips with ease.

I run the HOSS center diff with the aluminum cup and 300k fliud backflips with ease.
Blasphemy!!!! 🙏 I pray to the Arrma gods, please forgive Slick, for he know not what he did!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Blasphemy!!!! 🙏 I pray to the Arrma gods, please forgive Slick, for he know not what he did!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have like 19 rc cars and a boat
Arrma Outcast 6s
Arrma Senton 3s
Arrma Typhon 3s
Axial SCX10-II 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Axial SXC24
Team Associated RC10B2
LC Racing EMB-TGH
LC Racing EMB-1
Vaterra Kalahari
Hosim 9125 well what is left of it anyway
WL Toys 12428
WL Toys 144001 in a box in pieces
Tekno ET48.3
Traxxas Summit
Traxxas monster Slash 4x4
Traxxas Stampede 2wd
Ecx Ruckus 1/10 2wd
Ecx Torment 1/10 2wd
FS Racing Marauder broken and can't get parts...........

This isn't even all of them.
20210403_174618.jpg

I use the stock slipper clutch in my Slash 4x4, and it works fine. I race my Slash 4x4 and it is set up not to do wheelies all over the place. but tighten it a bit more, careful not to go to tight or you might start breaking driveline parts. if that does not work you may need new pads. what tires do you use? if they are too heavy you might want a center diff. because the clutch might just keep slipping, it should not be much of an issue but every little thing could add up.

I'll have to try that out thanks!
I use the stock slipper clutch in my Slash 4x4, and it works fine. I race my Slash 4x4 and it is set up not to do wheelies all over the place. but tighten it a bit more, careful not to go to tight or you might start breaking driveline parts. if that does not work you may need new pads. what tires do you use? if they are too heavy you might want a center diff. because the clutch might just keep slipping, it should not be much of an issue but every little thing could add up.
I built it as a monster slash, I have a BRCC esc running it now and MIP drive line, the Robinson Racing clutch is fine with the stock wheels and tyres, but I can't run the bigger tyres because it starts to slip then it just slips easier and easier. I have it as tight as it can go, I need to pull it down and check it, the only center diff I've run is the slash plastic one, that is for racing I think, it looks really weak.
20180222_215225.jpg
20180222_215133.jpg
20180222_215311.jpg

Last edited:

I built it as a monster slash, I have a BRCC esc running it now and MIP drive line, the Robinson Racing clutch is fine with the stock wheels and tyres, but I can't run the bigger tyres because it starts to slip then it just slips easier and easier. I have it as tight as it can go, I need to pull it down and check it, the only center diff I've run is the slash plastic one, that is for racing I think, it looks really weak. View attachment 142806View attachment 142807View attachment 142808
Nice Slash, with a monster setup and those huge tires, I would do what @slick2500 said just put a hoss center diff with 300K. Should be thick enough. I think the tires are too heavy for a slipper clutch setup. that is why big 1/8th's do not really use slipper clutch's. They where meant for smaller and lighter designs. Sorry it did not work out for you, but center diff should do the trick!

I built it as a monster slash, I have a BRCC esc running it now and MIP drive line, the Robinson Racing clutch is fine with the stock wheels and tyres, but I can't run the bigger tyres because it starts to slip then it just slips easier and easier. I have it as tight as it can go, I need to pull it down and check it, the only center diff I've run is the slash plastic one, that is for racing I think, it looks really weak. View attachment 142806View attachment 142807View attachment 142808
I ran the plastic one for a long time, I only switched to the Hoss diff because I didn't want to buy a new plastic diff cup just to get the orings for the diff.
Nice Slash, with a monster setup and those huge tires, I would do what @slick2500 said just put a hoss center diff with 300K. Should be thick enough. I think the tires are too heavy for a slipper clutch setup. that is why big 1/8th's do not really use slipper clutch's. They where meant for smaller and lighter designs. Sorry it did not work out for you, but center diff should do the trick!
My Monster Slash 4x4.
20201219_170640.jpg

I ran the plastic one for a long time, I only switched to the Hoss diff because I didn't want to buy a new plastic diff cup just to get the orings for the diff.

My Monster Slash 4x4.
View attachment 142843
Thanks guys, I'll have to try to locate one, it seems harder to buy the complete diff in Australia than I thought. I don't use the Slash much, I have it to my Nephew, I only had it to do some maintenance.

I'll set up a notification on Jenny's RC and wait for one to come up. Thanks again, and sorry for hijacking this thread. I can't believe I ended up talking about the slash when I love the Talion so much. Here is a shot of my Talion when the paint was fresh.
20190313_111016.jpg

Thanks guys, I'll have to try to locate one, it seems harder to buy the complete diff in Australia than I thought. I don't use the Slash much, I have it to my Nephew, I only had it to do some maintenance.

I'll set up a notification on Jenny's RC and wait for one to come up. Thanks again, and sorry for hijacking this thread. I can't believe I ended up talking about the slash when I love the Talion so much. Here is a shot of my Talion when the paint was fresh. View attachment 142849
Nice, the bodies always look good new. I feel that it is funny talking about slash 4x4 on an Arrma Talion Page, but who cares it is all the same hobby and I like all of the cars. so no worries, I am surprised how many people came to help, a Traxxas car on an Arrma forum. I whould like to thank all of you for not getting into a fight over Traxxas and Arrma. (y) :), but we are better then that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back